Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2011, 02:10 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
We just don't need this sort of thing happening! Lives are at stake ! I am checking into a camera if anyone has found one let me know.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Very cool! Should send this to the owner of the business, with the red truck

Sheila
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
This reminds me of an incident about 15 years ago, a girl my cousin was dating was found dead sitting in her still-running car at an intersection, shot in the head. Police determined that someone just pulled up next to her and shot her, for no apparent reason. No one saw a thing, no one's ever been caught.

A camera might help catch a perp, but it's not much good at prevention.
PlayItForwrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:55 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Even if they caught these idiots, they would get a slap on the wrist and be back on the streets.
tims52ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
There's a very slim possibility that the party involved may be part of the anarchist groups which are connected to OWS, who have been randomly attacking what they view as symbols of the "1%" randomly.

We've had a few banks/credit unions and other things vandalized here in Oregon because they were symbols or the "cause" of "Gentrification" of an area.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
There's a very slim possibility that the party involved may be part of the anarchist groups which are connected to OWS, who have been randomly attacking what they view as symbols of the "1%" randomly.

We've had a few banks/credit unions and other things vandalized here in Oregon because they were symbols or the "cause" of "Gentrification" of an area.
Doubtful, this has been a problem in the area for several months. Although I must confess I have no idea of the motivation behind it, there have been multiple robbery/attacks etc. on the local freeways in this area since the begining of September as I recall.
macnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #21

Workhorse Chassis Owner
i saw a big smith &wesson 44mag. revoler with a camera mounted on it once,wait that might have been a scope? that might work even better
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #22

My wifes sister lives in Pa. They spead tar; then loose gravel on their back roads in the summer; she said the truckers make a game of it to see how much loose gravel they can throw up when a vehicle passes in the other direction. Got my windshield summer before last.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post

If the possibility is so slim, why make the accusation?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo122 View Post
If the possibility is so slim, why make the accusation?
Because we have that kind of thinking go on right now with these OWS mobs and property damage up here in Oregon which backs the point.

Add in that the California branch of this lot has been twice as nuts as its Portland counterpart and its not hard to put 2 and 2 together and consider it might not be entirely outside the realm of possibility.

In their eyes Big Motorhome, Lots of toys = You're the Rich 1% "controlling the government".

I didn't get the note that it had been recurring problem in the area till afterwards, so without that tidbit of knowledge, and all the nuttery that's been going on with these kooks, plus throw in the fact that California tends to have a higher than average rate of fruits & nuts than other states, and its not outside the realm of consideration.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
I was born and raised in California and Road Rage is nothing new here...We actually have some Gang Boys that have to go out and shoot at cars and people as part of the intiation...It was bad when I was on the Police Department in the 60's and far worse now. The camera mount is not a bad Idea.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #26

Sick Fun ???

Want to here of some sick fun. NYC, Oct 31. 12 yo kids think it will be "fun" to throw a shopping cart off the 3rd deck to the ground. They do and it hits a 47 yo mom right in the head. Last reports were she is still fighting for her life, whatever that will be if she survives. What has gone wrong anymore with these people and there parents. My prayers!
DreamBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
---sigh--- yet another reason to stay out of California, in addition to bad roads, excess taxation, enviro-nazi legislation and crazy people. The really sad part is everything moves east from California eventually so I suppose we'll be seeing this behavior in the midwest next year.
My apologies if I offended any California residents.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by baraff View Post
---sigh--- yet another reason to stay out of California, in addition to bad roads, excess taxation, enviro-nazi legislation and crazy people. The really sad part is everything moves east from California eventually so I suppose we'll be seeing this behavior in the midwest next year.
My apologies if I offended any California residents.
Been moving more north, than east lately my friend.