Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2019, 09:24 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Motor home setting all winter

Just asking we're not going any where this winter motor home is going to set in the shed do to family.we have a 2015 Fleetwood 35e diesl.is there any thing I should do.tank is full of fuel I exercise Jenny once a month and I sprayed the Jack's with silacon spray. Is was thinking on a nice day take it for a run to let it warm up but worried about moisture when it cools down . It's plug in I check batteries for water. We just did oil change so I'm thinking of not doing one till next fall
Thanks for any reply
Bob,Linda and missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cummins says don't bother starting the engine unless you can drive it 30 miles at highway speeds.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
One risk of storing in a shed is rodent damage if they nest in the engine compartment or find access to the basement and/or inside of your RV. They tend to chew on things to keep their teeth worn down, destroying wiring. You may need to have a rodent control strategy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #4

Some folks park on wood blocks to protect the tires. I move my class A forward or back about 5 feet every week to avoid flat spots on the tires.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Take it our for a run every month or so if you can.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
While we have a gasser (vs your diesel), we put our coach to bed in Nov & it doesn't move until April or after. I won't put it on the road until the Spring rains have washed all the salt/brine off the roads. It's plugged in 24.7.365 & we check the battery fluid levels every 4-6 weeks but that's it.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:04 PM   #7

Check RV parks with long term, 3 to 6 month, tenants.

We don't break camp and hit the road every month.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #8

Hi - new member here Maybe this article will help:

https://gorollick.com/articles/consu...or-the-winter/

good luck!
AdriLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
Some folks park on wood blocks to protect the tires. I move my class A forward or back about 5 feet every week to avoid flat spots on the tires.
Why not just take the weight off the tires with the jacks? Starting an engine without running it to proper operating temperature for 10s of minutes is damaging. Better to not start it at all.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:55 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for all info I have Jack's down and check for rodent's weekly I'll guess I'll let her set
Thanks again
Bob,Linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
Thanks for all info I have Jack's down and check for rodent's weekly I'll guess I'll let her set
Thanks again
Bob,Linda & missy
I would also Spray the top and the sides of the engine with WD40 to keep the rust down. Clean and spray a sealer on all the battery terminals. Check the battery water and make sure your charger is working. Same with the genset.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
Thanks again
Bob,Linda & missy
If you have a HWH leveling system, they specifically state to not use silicone on the jacks, they are made from SST, no lubricant or protective spray needed. If you need to clean them or just feel better spraying them, use WD40 then wipe it off.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter