Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2020, 08:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
Who will publish the annual list of what vehicles can be flat towed?

Remco seems to only have lists up to 2019.
FMCA'a Family Living magazine publishes a complete list once a year, in both hard print and online.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2020, 08:29 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
FMCA'a Family Living magazine publishes a complete list once a year, in both hard print and online.
reports are FMCA is hemmoraging $.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk911 View Post
reports are FMCA is hemmoraging $.
What happened was, they had already pre-arranged and pre-paid for their 2 major RV rallies this year. Then the pandemic hit and the nation was closed down. The pre-paid $700,000 monies were non-refundable. That is a tough blow for a non-profit company, however the company is slowly recovering, and gaining new partnerships with major MH mfgrs.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:33 PM   #18

glad to hear it. hate to see any business go under.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:05 AM   #19
IC2

I stopped reading/subscribing to RV pubs several years ago as their info was becoming really minimal. Then there is what I considered bogus - never a product review that wasn't done in glowing terms. Maybe they suffered from a Marcus syndrome. I also didn't renew my Good Sam membership this year. Going to miss their daily trash bird cage/cat pan liner mailings - not!
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #20

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Word has it that they are bringing out two new magazines, but I think it will be just more ads for CW and Gander.

They lost track of who they serve long ago.

More info....https://www.rvtravel.com/good-sam-changes/
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 02:25 PM   #21

dang it. now I'll have to find something else for bathroom reading.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
Who will publish the annual list of what vehicles can be flat towed?
When wondering about that I start by looking at the Blue Ox and Roadmaster websites to see for which vehicles they make baseplates. Then I check the owner's manuals of vehicles listed in which I'm interested.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
X2 on the bathroom reading!!
J&R Going n Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #24

Thumbs down Lady's Home RV Journal!

I just finished with the 'Premier First Edition' of the new RV magazine! What a waste!! Nothing technical in the entire mag. A few articles on 'where to go'. And the rest was filled with putting so much cutsey stuff into your rig that it would take half an hour to put it all away so you could drive to the dump station! And then there are the articles about how this woman, or that woman travels around in her RV all by herself with her dog. Yes, I miss Motorhome and probably won't renew. Enjoy yourself, Marcus!!
Old 01-03-2021, 12:37 PM   #25

Looks like RV.com is about $17 yr. Automatically renews until you cancel.

Seems to cover similar discussions as free blogs on the internet.

Fluff pieces as to accessories you need, cooking, etc.

Not sure it will appeal to hard core campers, but mostly focused on newer owners.
Unclepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenf View Post
I just finished with the 'Premier First Edition' of the new RV magazine! What a waste!! Nothing technical in the entire mag. A few articles on 'where to go'. And the rest was filled with putting so much cutsey stuff into your rig that it would take half an hour to put it all away so you could drive to the dump station! And then there are the articles about how this woman, or that woman travels around in her RV all by herself with her dog. Yes, I miss Motorhome and probably won't renew. Enjoy yourself, Marcus!!
X2!
If you are a member post this information on RVNET, if they would let you!

I am not a member of RVNET.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:49 PM   #27

Thumbs down so far...

I'll give it another issue (or until my subscription runs out) but my experience with the first issue of RV Magazine was mostly negative. Lots of unused page area, too much fluff, and none of the good info that I had come to appreciate with Motorhome. The attention to food, beer, personalities, and gadgetry is fine, but why is that now considered so important? Where is the "Tech Savvy" repair and maintenance advice? I can see that the warranty issues rescue page would be axed. After considering the frequent issues of warranty subscribers, readers might realize that these expensive contracts might not be worth the paper they are written on. Maybe I ignored some of what was offered, but sometimes I did find it useful. I watched the mag shrink from a reasonable size to a bare skeleton. Too many big ads, "throw money at the problem" solutions (of course at CW), and too much focus on high end coaches led to my disappointment. There is so much of substance and interest to RVers to write about and include. It ain't there within the pages of the new magazine. I really would rather have information instead of inspiration. Marcus, I am not happy.
Vector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 09:02 PM   #28

I have been reading since Art Rouse was in charge. Miss his column.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, motor, motor home, trailer