Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #29

More important than money to us was security, our pets and convenience.

Security - The worst was some good old boys that pulled into our pull off. Seems they had just come from the bar and were looking for some target practice. With guns going off, I was only too happy to walk forward, start the engine and get the h(*& out of there!

Pets - Two cats for us and I can't imagine having them caged all day up front in the truck, then hauling them back to the trailer every night and then the reverse the next day. With the motorhome, it is their home too and they just have the run of it whether we are travelling or not. When travelling one sleeps under the bed covers and one sleeps on her own basket chair that we pull up between us, just for her. Isn't everything just for them????

As for leveling and all that? I would have to be somewhere for at least a week before worrying about it. I found with the MH, you can feel how level you are while pulling in and adjust so it is good enough. Even the hook ups are probably just the electric plug in then back into pop the wine. Come to think of it, the batteries are fully charged. Pop the wine first. Water can also wait as we always have enough on board and the septic isn't needed until you need to dump. Quick and simple always. No hassle with a MH is my opinion.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I believe it's safe to say that in general it's less expensive to own a TT or 5er than a MH. What we choose is mostly personal preference. I have also had both. When the kids were young it was better for us to have a TT so we could have some separation at naptime or bedtime.

Now that the kids are gone, having a MH makes getting there a whole lot more comfortable, relaxing, and fun. And we know the added convenience and comfort comes with an added cost.
RRTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote