Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2018, 07:52 AM   #43

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a rats behind
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #44

ROTFLMAO! This brings up old memories of being in the sales department at my family's RV dealership back in the early 90's. RV, as we all know, is a generalized term meaning "recreational vehicle." They are all "RV's" because they are built for recreational purposes.

One day I had Karen the soccer mom drive her Chevy Astro mini van right up onto the lot blowing dirt all over the freshly washed new 5th wheels and trailers. We were strictly a travel trailer and 5th wheel dealer. We stayed out of the motorhome market to keep operating costs lower.

So Karen came up to me and demanded to look at new RV's. I asked her what type she would like to look at. She said, "RV's." So I asked her if she was looking for a travel trailer or 5th wheel. Her response, "I ALREADY TOLD YOU! AN RV!" I remained polite and stated that I would be happy to show her anything we had on the lot, but I need to know what she is looking for. She again stated, "AN RV!"

This went around and around. Finally I asked, "Travel trailer or 5th wheel?" She stated "NEITHER!" So I said, "Oh. So a motorhome?" She said, "YES!, AN RV!" I cringed as I told her we did not sell motorhomes and referred her to the dealer up the street from us. She got in her Astro and peeled out of the lot.

About an hour later, I got a call from the sales manager at the dealership up the street. He thanked me for sending them customers who were looking for something we didnt sell, but for future reference asked that we not send the mentally unstable ones!

We laughed and laughed. I have many memories of some very odd people who came in over the years. She was one of the worst. I'm convinced some people came in just looking for a fight. I don't miss that part of those days at all.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:21 AM   #45

I live in a van down by the river.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #46

I can see many sleepless nights in my future. Trying to move beyond what to refer to my tow vehicle as, I now see I’ll never be clear on what to call the bighorn on my RV pad, assuming it’s an RV pad. When I bought the rig, the dealer called it a fifth wheel, but we all know they lie. I then replaced the pin box with a Reese Goosebox, so you could say I have a Gooseneck trailer. The dictionary definitions say Trailer, Recreational Vehicle, Caravan, mobile home, and Camper all apply as descriptions.

Help......

I cried at the last episode of Seinfeld
Old 11-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #47

Some people are over specific . When people ask if we have a motorhome or RV ? I say both , a motorhome is an RV .
Or people say , is it an RV or a camper ... again , a motorhome is an RV , it’s also a camper .
Some people don’t consider a Camaro to be a muscle car , because by strict definition , I guess it isn’t .
Or some don’t consider a GTO a hot rod , by some people’s standerds , I guess it isn’t
Old 11-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #48

My first "RV" (recreational vehicle) was my Cessna Skyhawk. It was for my recreational needs, and certainly was a vehicle.

Have a motor home now, too old to fly.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
Old 11-10-2018, 06:30 AM   #49

If you want to have fun talk to folks with a 45 ft DP and refer to it as their camper. ;-)
Old 11-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #50

This thread made my head hurt, but I had to read all the way to the end to see what happened! Nothing . . .

We started with a "TT", then went thru two "fivers," before we bought this "motorhome." At some points, they each have been "campers." We have been "RV"ers thru the whole journey.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
My first RV was a Harley.
Mine was, and is, a 1978 MG Midget.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:19 PM   #52

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
It is interesting that 5 out of the first 8 answers 5 are from motorhome owners as identified my signatures and/or avatars. 1 5th wheel and 2 unknowns. That brings up another rant. RV type should be in a mandatory signature. I see a ton of I have a model # xxxx. If you ask that question on any general forum Someone has to reply with What is your Type of RV and manufacturer and model#, please.
And this is why your post on the other forum is under review. I smell a troll in this dungeon. Lol.

A. Most here don't care what you call your motor home. I use RV and TT interchangeably.
B. The signature is up to the individual so take a deep breath and realize there are more important things in life to worry about. Besides, signatures don't show up in the Tapatalk app so this rant is falling on it's face in that aspect. :-)
Old 11-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmacy View Post
Mine was, and is, a 1978 MG Midget.
Have driven spridgets and sprites for many past years. My miata is fun, but can't trump the brits, no pun intended.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #54

OMG

When did the Motorhome crowed decide that they own RV's and not motor homes?

Once we beat this to death can we start on "they're" "their" and "there" and then onto "you're" and "your".

Him n Her
See owns them, He drives and maintains'"em
Old 11-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #55

RV

My first Recreational Vehicle was a motorcycle.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:58 PM   #56

Wikipedia reference

Since Wikipedia is user post information it should never be used as a technical reference for anything important. Since this thread is about as unimportant as it gets I suppose it's ok...just don't quote it.
Closed Thread

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes, rvs