Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 06:37 PM   #141

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good grief Charlie Brown....

Let's see this seems like the question: Which is the better color, red, black, white or green? Think about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 06:43 PM   #142

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
Good grief Charlie Brown....

Let's see this seems like the question: Which is the better color, red, black, white or green? Think about it.
Obviously, the correct answer is blue
Old 11-16-2018, 06:59 PM   #143

Tiffin Owners Club
Absolutely YES I am SERIOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Are you serious with this post? Do you realize how insulting this is to people who own trailers? If someone parks their trailer next to your MH does that really change your experience and enjoyment of your MH?
To sdennislee, the truthful answer is YES I am 110% Serious and is answer to your other question, YES if trailers pull in next to us, it DOES diminish the enjoyment of our Motorhome! We have been RV'ers for many years and every, EVERY bad experience that we have encountered through the years has come from people in trailers! We stopped going to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach SC because it became a "Trailer Park" and with that came all that it implies! Drunks cursing and yelling all night, playing loud music outside most of the night, they put a trailer on a site and then pitch one or two tents for kids and other people, they keep dogs on chains outside that barked constantly, we frequented that park 3 to 5 times every year and it kept getting worse and worse and it was clear that the Trailer Crowds had taken over the park and we stopped. We have been in every state and there has always been an issue in parks with the trailer crowd, you don't see MH People outside drunk every night, yelling, screaming, being a complete nuisance and doing it intentionally but you do see that with the trailer bunch. We prefer RV Resorts and RV Parks that ONLY permit Motorhomes to stay and in all those type parks we have been to (LOTS) we have never once had an issue or seen an issue. Facts are FACTS and the proof is and always has been the PROOF!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #144

Tiffin Owners Club
Thumbs up From one Navy Vet to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
What really amazes me is the number of people who will mistakingly call any Brandy Cognac when everyone knows all Cognac is Brandy but clearly not all Brandy is Cognac.
From one Navy Vet to another, you are right as rain! Try telling a Submariner that he is in a ship and he will tell you right quick that he is in a SUB and call a Navy Guy's Ship a boat and he will tell you what you apparently didn't know!

An RV is a MOTORHOME and a Trailer is a Travel Trailer just like a 5er is a Travel Trailer, and to the ones that says; "If they are not RV's then WHY do you have to buy a tag?" Well, my boat has to have a TAG, my utility trailer that I use for our golf cart has to have a TAG, my Toad has to have a TAG, my pickup has to have a TAG but NONE of them are RV's. It does not take a Rocket Scientist to understand the RV meaning Recreational VEHICLE is a VEHICLE which a Motorhome IS, it IS a Vehicle thus the term RV is and always has referred to a MOTORIZED UNIT which is a MOTORHOME, and Trailers are NOT RV's! Like I said, it does not take a Rocket Scientist to know or understand that, it just takes a little COMMON SENSE!!!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #145

Tiffin Owners Club
No you did not "Settle it", you quoted incorrectly, RV came about from the term Motorized Vehicle so they could tag a motorhome, then they shortened it to "RV" which was and is for MOTORHOMES! Trailers are TRAILERS, they are NOT motorized........ To settle it, it just takes a little COMMON SENSE!!!
Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #146

Add this one to the list that includes...Which came first the chicken or the egg? Why did the chicken cross the road? maybe the answer is the chicken went there to see if it was a motorhome or an rv
Old 11-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Road_Trip View Post

To sdennislee, the truthful answer is YES I am 110% Serious and is answer to your other question, YES if trailers pull in next to us, it DOES diminish the enjoyment of our Motorhome! We have been RV'ers for many years and every, EVERY bad experience that we have encountered through the years has come from people in trailers! We stopped going to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach SC because it became a "Trailer Park" and with that came all that it implies! Drunks cursing and yelling all night, playing loud music outside most of the night, they put a trailer on a site and then pitch one or two tents for kids and other people, they keep dogs on chains outside that barked constantly, we frequented that park 3 to 5 times every year and it kept getting worse and worse and it was clear that the Trailer Crowds had taken over the park and we stopped. We have been in every state and there has always been an issue in parks with the trailer crowd, you don't see MH People outside drunk every night, yelling, screaming, being a complete nuisance and doing it intentionally but you do see that with the trailer bunch. We prefer RV Resorts and RV Parks that ONLY permit Motorhomes to stay and in all those type parks we have been to (LOTS) we have never once had an issue or seen an issue. Facts are FACTS and the proof is and always has been the PROOF!
These are your facts but they certainly are not proof that every one in a TT is a miscreant.

My guess you are probably right that the Class A crowd is probably a bit more reserved.

I don't agree that all people in TTs are drunk obnoxious partiers. I just wound up 6 months in Tampa and Bay Bayou. There you would find; Class A, B, C, TT, 5'ers of all sizes. Everyone of my neighbors were respectful, quiet, etc.... Dogs were on leashes, owners picked up after their pets. Children did not run amuck. Many sat outside around the BBQ no drunks noted, no tents pitched.

I suspect had any acted in the manner you described, the security staff would have dealt with it. Seems like you needed the management to let the revelers know their behavior was not acceptable.

It's just wrong to assume everyone who owns a trailer is going to be a loud obnoxious drunk, it's just not true.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:28 PM   #148
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Warning

The bickering and name calling in this thread has to stop. Let’s return to the original topic. Let’s not have to close this thread.

Thank you to those posting within the rules!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Exactly. RV stands for Recreational Vehicle.
Some people’s vehicle of recreation is the bowling alley.
I see no problem with that.
Some recreational vehicles have tracks and skis, what’s with that ?
:banghea d::laugh :

Lighten up kids....
How many pages of this nonsense?
Old 11-17-2018, 04:09 AM   #150

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Retired recovering from a back injury. Not that it's any of your business how many time I post.
Too bad that most of the Motorhome crowed can't understand this post or read it properly for that matter. About 4 have gotten it correct.
Having had my share of back problems I sincerely wish it gets better. Did you recently add to your signature? I do not remember it had the RV...MH...part in it at the start of this mess? I’m still wondering why you did not ask the MH person you site why he changed how he describe his rig?
As, I guess, a MH snob...actually I’d prefer ”DP SNOB” as not all MHs are DPs; I look at previous posts so I’ll know how to answer the question. Why does IRV2 have a MH section and now that I’m classed a snob...why not a DP section???

In the 8 months I’ve been on here this is the first time I’ve looked at the general RV section and probably the last.
Closed Thread

Tags
motorhome, motorhomes, rvs