Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #1

My responsiblity or the RV park's?

We are total newbs. We are three weeks into our RV adventure. Two days ago it finally rained, resulting in deep puddles/mud forming around each of the doors. We are talking mid-shin deep. I called the RV office and explained my issue and requested they throw gravel out there to level out the holes. I got push back from the office, but they said they would take care of it. That was two days ago. I called them back today. I was advised that "Most people take care of things such as this themselves." Am I responsible or the park?
doeboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2017, 08:03 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Ask for a different site, or hit the road!!
Old 11-10-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Site maintenance of that sort is the responsibility of the park. If that's the park's attitude, I'd find somewhere else to stay.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I agree. It is the responsibility of the park to maintain their sites.
If they don't want to maintain it, move on to another place.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #5

I'd say it's a driving day.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:44 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Amazes me what some RV parks expect their guests to put up with!
Could you imagine the same kind of treatment at a hotel??
Old 11-10-2017, 09:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
Ask for a different site, or hit the road!!
and, post your experience with that RV park on campgroundreviews.com, and on the irv2.com campgrounds section. Word of mouth is the most effective advertisement available.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:59 PM   #8

We plan on hitting the road. However, each and every RV park in the area is full. Nothing will be open until the first of the year. We are on several wait lists. So basically we are stuck.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 PM   #9

Don't know where you are, but surely there is someplace to go other than where you are at--you now know to look around at your space before settling in, certainly you could tell it was a low spot?
Are you paid up for a month? Are you full-timing? More details might get some better advice.
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:27 PM   #10

We are in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area. We are full timing with a 25 foot 2005 Keystone Outback. Several parks in the area don't allow anything more than 10 years old. This RV was our only option. It was this or the homeless shelter. I wasn't at the site when the TT arrived. A friend towed it over for me as I was at our home(foreclosure)packing. When I arrived he already had it setup and level. I'm paid up until Nov.18th, we arrived here last month on the 18th. Three weeks in, and I can tell this park is where you go to hide. This park was the only place with a open site. Due to doctors, and my oldest daughter's Jiu Jitsu, we have to remain 30 minutes or less from Mansfield, TX.
Old 11-11-2017, 12:00 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Certainly the parks issue, but If you NEED to be there,
I would just reorient the rv on the site to not have the puddles where they mess with you...

Can your buddy come back over and move it 3 or 5 feet either way ?

in fact, if you are close to Mansfield, I'll even come help you move it as I am between Mansfield and Burleson (Mark the low spots so you know)
Old 11-11-2017, 12:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
I would just reorient the rv on the site to not have the puddles where they mess with you...

in fact, if you are close to Mansfield, I'll even come help you move it as I am between Mansfield and Burleson (Mark the low spots so you know)
We are at Dodge City in Alvarado. We would love your assistance, because we are flying by the seat of our pants! LOL I'll PM you later today, going to bed. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2017, 01:21 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post

JohnBoyToo, you offer to help these folks is heart warming. God Bless!
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:53 AM   #14

I live in the general area. I have a 1998 MH. i've NOT had any problems due to age of my MH. There are a lot of RV parks in the area you cited. Check out Arlington, Irving, etc. BTW, it's the RV park's responsibility to maintain sites.
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote