Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to frederick w
My RV Baptism

Hi
Took my 2000 Flair to a camp ground for the first time. I learned alot about operation of a MH and concerning camp ground hook ups.

The coupler slipped off when I was draining the black water tank. It sprayed (you know what!) all over my hands, arms and face. I was kinda poopy eyed. Well I know what I did wrong.

I also met some nice people. There was a Beaver Marquis parked a few spaces from me. I had a nice chat with them. He admitted that the same thing happened to him one time. After he showed me his MH, I wanted to go back and burn mine, but I couldn't find any matches.

Fred from Pasco, WA. a friend of Bill W.
frederick w is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #2

Sorry to hear that Fred. Been there done that. BTW I was born in Kenniwick. My dad was an engineer at the early days at the Hanford project.
"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome fredric

Welcome to the club and congratulations on your ''initiation'' splash to the wonderful world of RV, ing.

Oh the wonderful things that await you. Flat tires, Steps that work some of the time, Getting lost in downtown St. Louis, Low Bridges, Your partner saying she hears a ''funny sound'', Your tranny not shifting.right and a thousand things yet to come and they are all worth it.

A thousand sunsets with only you and your ''best other'' to watch. Some of the most friendly people you will ever meet. ...... The open road with and ''adventure'' over the next hill. ......... National parks that will make you almost cry they are so beautiful. MEMORIES that can not be bought for any price. Lifelong friends you will make.

Simple advise..........
Take digital pix (and always carry cold beer).......
Start a charm bracelet. Buy the cheap charms with the name of the place on a tiny ''flag'' on the charm. This will help you remember where you have been.(Willa has a bracelet that weighs four pounds)
Start a journal that you will not keep current the entries in. You can look back later and wonder what you done and where you done it. (Willa has one with a bunch of blank pages)
Buy ''T'' shirts with the names of place you have been so people that have not been ''there'' will envy you. Also, sometimes they will say they have ''been there'' and you can talk and sometimes they will offer you a cold beer. (Willa gets offered beer from strangers sometimes even when she is wearing a Chicos blouse....... Hummmmmm?)
Do not be afraid to say ''HELLO'' to a fellow camper. They are the most friendliest people in the world and sometimes they will offer you a cold beer. (Willa gets offered cold beer and I get offered ''Marsh mellows''....)
Carry cold beer. (I might meet you on the road somewhere and say ''HELLO'')
Never but NEVER be afraid to ask for HELP. If you got a problem with your coach, its a good bet that someone around you has had the same problem and if they havent had that problem, they may have a cold beer and you can sit around and talk about the problem till someone else comes up to help.
Did I say to carry cold beer?
Go slow and enjoy the scenery. If someone honks at you, pull over where its safe and let them go. You dont see much at 75 mph.......
NEVER BUT NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE,,,not even one beer,,,....(you could hit a bump and spill your drink)......
Get yourself a G.P.S. and let your co-pilot learn to use it. (Willa is in charge or ours and if we got lost ,,,,,,,,, its her fault)

For goodness sake go slow and be safe. Its a good bet that where ever you are going has been there for a long time and it will be there when you get there even if you are three days late.

All this valuable information will cost you ten cents and you must pay me the next time you see me.........

God bless our troops and bring them home safe and soon .....
God bless our Vets .....ALL GAVE SOME.....SOME GAVE ALL

ps. There will always be someone with a nicer rig than yours, (and more payments than you have)....lol................

Nuff said for now.....
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Seajay-

Sound advice...I have a few cold ones ready all the time, just in case, maybe we'll meet sometime.

Drew
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Seems to me he may want to change his name from Seajay to seebeer!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #6

But I don't drink. I know I COULD keep some for those who do, but otherwise will campers stop and talk for a Coke or Pepsi? Oh, I've been a MH'er for years and never had a problem with conversation.