Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2016, 08:54 PM   #15
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
Nobody should have to spend a dime to get into a National Park.

We send $200,000,000 to the Philippines alone not to mention all the other third world countries.

Philippines - Total (FY 2012)
What is your point? We send a boatload to Israel every year too. Try to buy parts for a Hamat faucet without breaking the bank.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #16

Even though I don't have my Senior Pass yet, and I'm no legislative expert, I'm not going to get all uptight over this. First, I looked at the bill passed by the House on Tuesday (voice vote). Unless the bill was amended (no sign of that), it looks like the Senior Pass gets raised to $20 for the first year after the bill takes effect, and THEN goes to the same price as the pass that's sold currently at $80. Second, I looked at the Senate's legislative schedule, and have trouble believing it will be considered by the Senate before the end of the current session - this week's Senate legislative calendar looks extremely full. Wouldn't it also have to go to a committee first? Third, the Senate plans go to into recess after Dec. 16, next Friday. Fourth, there's a very similar Senate bill that would have to be either dumped, or potentially go to a conference committee. Fifth, there should be no rush. How fast could it be implemented even if it passes the Senate and is signed by Obama?

In other words, I'm not so worried about this, at least in the short term.

Roger
Old 12-08-2016, 09:41 PM   #17

I don't have a problem with there being some kind of charges for the parks, partly for upkeep and partly to prevent overuse. But that said, I'd prefer if others pay it and not me. So when I read this I was going to hurry up and get my senior pass before the price goes up but in looking for it I found the Access pass which is free anyway so no worries.
Squantobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantobon View Post
I don't have a problem with there being some kind of charges for the parks, partly for upkeep and partly to prevent overuse. But that said, I'd prefer if others pay it and not me. So when I read this I was going to hurry up and get my senior pass before the price goes up but in looking for it I found the Access pass which is free anyway so no worries.

The Access Pass is for documented handicapped persons. And it is not free. There is a $10.00 processing fee associated with it. So currently it is the same cost as the senior pass.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:08 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
What is your point? We send a boatload to Israel every year too. Try to buy parts for a Hamat faucet without breaking the bank.

My point is that up until 1982 there were no fee's to enter a park.

We are able to give billions away to foreign countries and I believe we should take care of ourselves first and if there is any money left then send it overseas.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:30 PM   #20

Raising the fee proves nothing. We still won't have improved anything as it is a gov't project and we know how all that works so well. Keep it at 10.00 and if the rich folks want to pay more, let them pay more so it feels good to them. It's a darn good value as intended.
Wayne MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #21

Quote:

We send $200,000,000 to the Philippines alone not to mention all the other third world countries.

[SIGPIC]sigpic160806_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:31 AM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:

My sentiments exactly!

The federal slush fund squandered outside this country is criminal.
ModestMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:06 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On of the reasons I don't pay national park fee's is that the money is sent over seas as foreign aid. Billions sent to line the personal pockets of foreign politicians. Oh sure, I've been to most of parks at least once, but I'd never go back. $20 for dry camp on land that I paid for with my taxes when I was young. What a rip off......
Old 12-09-2016, 08:15 AM   #24

Quote:

100% agree.
Old 12-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #25

My spouse's Access Pass was free. If ordered on line, there is a $10 processing fee. We picked his up at Big Bend Natl Park at the gate. By the way, spouse is a disabled Veteran. One does not have to be 100% disabled to get the Access Pass.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #26

i am going to pick up my access pass this week and if you do it at a government office like blm or the corp ect there is no $10 process fee.. oh and its not for just handicapped but any one disabled or on disability .

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
The Access Pass is for documented handicapped persons. And it is not free. There is a $10.00 processing fee associated with it. So currently it is the same cost as the senior pass.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:48 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I saw this on another forum, passed it on to yet another. I have my Golden Age pass at the current 10 dollar rate.. Glad I do.

Folks. This thread is importan, Mr. Bradley made a major post and thus there is little more I can say other than if you are 62 or older, and do not already have the pass GET IT NOW. Before they jack the price.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #28

I have a 3-point followup to my previous post in this thread.
  1. I misread the bill passed by the House. The price of a 1-year Senior Pass will be $20 under this bill. The lifetime Senior Pass will be set at the same price as the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass, which is currently $80/year. It's still a lifetime pass for seniors.
  2. There's still no sign that the Senate will take up the bill before the holiday recess, in which case I'm not sure what will happen to it. In general, I've had the impression that bills do not carry over from one session to the next. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable than I can help me out here?
  3. If it's eventually passed, there's nothing in the bill that sets a date when fees, etc., will become effective. So it could be immediately upon getting the president's signature, if that happens. Who knows.
We all might want to follow the progress - if any - of H. R. 4680 here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/4680

And a P.S.: I sorta think that even at $80 a lifetime Senior Pass may be a real bargain.

Roger

Tags
national