Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I love my Samsung Smart 46" Led 3D 1080P 240 htz. Great to see the lug nuts hit the ground and roll away in those NASCAR pit stops.

And the WiFi works great at the campground I am at with 29 Mbps down.
Use it to see the movie trailers playing at the local movie theater. And some u tube.

Don't use it to download movies as my Genie has more on it, that would take a month or so for me to watch.

I even have some blue ray disk I haven't had time to watched yet.

I also have a 19", 20" and a 26" LCD's in the MH.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 08:04 AM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
The LCD DRAWS A LOT MORE current than the LED, ABOVE THE LCD was very warm/ hot, above the LED is cool, the LCD is hard on battery life.
Dave M
Genset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
I need a 32" tv,what is best LED or LCD,I would really like to have one with a build in DVD player,any ideals
Either one, but don't buy junk & you'll be a happy camper.

Get stand alone TV & player units if at all possible. The players in combo units are notorious for going bad.

DVD players will soon go the way of VHS.

Sony or Samsung are best, Then Vizio,
I wouldn't bother with a DVD - get a Blu-Ray instead, it will play both media.

Also, with that size of set, 720p will be the most common, but check out the 1080 if you want the very best of Blu-Ray.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will say only this: VIZO.. I had a heck of a time looking for the signal strength meter in order to point an over the air antenna.. In fact, I wound up using the owner's Insignia/Zenith Digital TV adapter on his other TV to do the job... I"m told it is in there, but I could not find it... I"m usually good at that kind of thing.

LG (Who by the way makes the didital adapter listed above) I have had many LG (And goldstar before them) products, NOT ONE WORKED PROPERLY OUT OF THE BOX.. One of them (My Dometic Microwave) Does work properly now..... but not all the parts are original and some other changes were made by a competent engineer who figured out what they did wrong and fixed it (ME in case you need to know). Thankfully the problems were easy to fix. (Turntable issues)
Old 08-25-2014, 07:05 AM   #19

When the Vizio in my fiver failed just after the warranty expired, I started to throw it out like I did the Vizio in my old TT. Then I researched the problem, found it was probably the power supply, ordered a new one from Ebay for $45 and all is good. The bad news is weak power supplies, but the good news is they are cheap and easy to replace.
I believe most Vizio parts are made by LG.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Well I took ya'll advice again,I went with a Insignia 32" 1080p with 120htz and a sony Dvd player,The Tv was a perfect fit and it gets a great picture.

Thanks for all the feedback on this,I had my mind made up I had to have the combo,if I would have, I think I may have been sorry.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:39 PM   #21
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan5711 View Post
Well I took ya'll advice again,I went with a Insignia 32" 1080p with 120htz and a sony Dvd player,The Tv was a perfect fit and it gets a great picture.

Thanks for all the feedback on this,I had my mind made up I had to have the combo,if I would have, I think I may have been sorry.
You get a lot of value with that TV Stan. Glad it worked out for you.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote