Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Need advice with first purchase

I am new to the RV world. We rented a Class A gas RV for a week last summer and have been hooked since. This is our first endeavor to owning any coach and I been doing extensive researching since we were at the Hershey show. One of the top choices are the 2016 Newmar Ventana LE 4037 or 4040 floorplans. I see information indicating anywhere from 25 to 40% off. The MSRP on the 4040 is $260,153. Obviously, we do not have a trade and our credit is very good. I will take any pointer of what to expect. Also, is the resale value of a bunkhouse coach (4040) drastically less? Are they more difficult to resell? What other dealer games should I expect?
Manzfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2016, 03:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.

Anything you see wrong or want added be sure to get it in writing before putting down any money. If it is not done when you come to pick up the coach do not accept delivery until it is completed. Be prepared to spend a couple of days if need be.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:04 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
expect no less than a 30% discount. The resale value is uo in the air. Yes a diesel pusher bunkhouse in a bit more rare and hard to find on the used market which may actually help with resale value but there are also many less people looking for them. That said, the resale value should be no better or no worse than any other coach on the market.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:05 AM   #4

I think that getting 40% off on a Newmar is not likely. More likely is somewhere in the 25-28% range as being the more realistic option. If you are looking to order a Ventana then one of your best options may be to take factory delivery. Everyone I have talked to about using that option has loved it.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:24 PM   #5

Dealers finance person will try to sell you every imaginable warranty, protection plan etc. Finance rates are negotiable as well.
NevadaNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:33 PM   #6

Do your research and shop around. Dealers will vary in price and quality of service. Go to the Newmar forum and post your questions re dealers and particular models as you will get a better response. When dealing with Newmars the discount will be in the 25-28% range unless maybe you find something that has been sitting a while. Don't be afraid to travel to get the best price. We bought ours from Tom Lindstrom RV (Moorpark Ca), he is a very ethical dealer and he is the owner and the only one who will discuss price with you. I'm not sure where you live but I have referred several out of state buyers to him, and they have bought from Tom and had a great experience. He does a lot of special orders and you can arrange to pick it up at the factory or at his shop.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #7

Here's a list of Newmar dealers:

http://www.newmarcorp.com/resources/dealer-locator/

We went to the factory and had the sales manager write up our list of specs/options and changes/additions we wanted. We then emailed various dealers for the best price. They were all bidding on the factory specs we requested. It was super easy.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:56 AM   #8

I have no idea what your particular financial situation is, but renting a class A gasser for week, and then be ready to jump in with both feet by buying a new diesel coach........ well my advice is sloooow down. Take a look at maybe a quality name brand used diesel that has been well taken care of. That way you don't take the depreciation hit, and hopefully the owners took care of all the problems. I assure you, you WILL have aggravating problems with a new coach. ALL dealers will want you to take the coach assuring you that they will correct any problems that might arise. But it's YOU that will be inconvenienced by figuring out when to take it back, and getting the selling dealer to fix the problems in a timely manner. There are some real horror stories of owners having to wait considerable time getting fixed what should have NEVER been a problem in the first place. Be careful, and do your due diligence. You'll get a lot of good advice here from owners with a lot of experience. Good luck in whatever you choose.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, purchase