Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Need city water adapter for air compressor

I would like to blow out the lines whether I decide to use the pink stuff or not but have not been able to find an adapter at the local home center. Where can I find one? Tried the search engine here but no luck.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #2

CAMCO #36143
Blow out plug......brass with quick connect, with schrader valve, plastic with scharder etc......

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-B...002XL2IEA?th=1
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have an air compressor and a hose with a quick disconnect, you can find all of the parts at Home Depot or Lowes. I prefer a quick disconnect since you can turn the regulator down to 30# and leave it connected while you go through and open faucets in the RV. In addition, I have a residential reefer and I just leave it powered and let the ice maker run overnight and it will clear all the lines to the reefer. Then I close the pop up valve on the reefer and pump in antifreeze.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Word of caution, one year I elected to forgo the pink stuff and just blew the system out... That Spring, when I serviced the fresh water tank I found a "flowing" leak behind the Aqua Hot heat exchanger. Enough water was still in the system to collect at a low point fitting and split it! I would really recommend you consider the pink stuff...
Old 09-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Good info, thanks. Pretty sure I will use pink stuff as well but nice to have options. Went to Home depot this morning but didn't see a quick disconnect. Might have to check Lowes or a different HD since they hardly had any air fittings at that one.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:57 PM   #6

Amazon will have one to you in a couple of days.
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:00 PM   #7

I don't bother blosing out, just open all drains and lowpoint drains. The fill with antifreeze via pump intake. Draining keeps from having to tun excess water into holding tanks. Blowing out does the same thing, then fill with AF, including trapes in sinks and showers.
Noelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #8

adapter for air compressor

Any knowledgeable clerk at a local hardware store or big box store can assemble the adapter that you require .All parts are available in the plumbing section for either gas or water systems . A compressor with an adjustable pressure regulator should be used. 30psi works for me. Tell the clerk that you need a standard hose bibb fitting adapted to whatever air tool fitting that you ate using.

Furniss 2007 Fleetwood Discovery
2013 Jeep Sahara
Furniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #9

I found the fittings to make mine at lowes which consist of brass male/female and added air quick disconnect
Old 09-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #10

Ive been meaning to find out how you handle things if it is cold enough to freeze but you still go places?
Old 09-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #11

Fill water tank and work off it--disconnect icemaker line if equipped. If it is cold enough to freeze things inside, your heating system isn't up to par or the water lines are next to the wall. Run the furnace while traveling can work, even if some of the vents are covered by slides--set at min 40d setting, be sure to have plenty of propane, not fun to arrive at destination and tanks are empty. To me, almost impossible to camp in cold weather without electricity available for space heating, including lamps in basement areas.
I don't camp where I know it will be below freezing for more than 4-5 hours, just not worth it. Been agonizingly cold before, been out of propane/battery charge also--too old to put up with it now.
There is a learning curve involved in this, and hardly any way to learn except to experience it directly.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
CAMCO #36143
Blow out plug......brass with quick connect, with schrader valve, plastic with scharder etc......

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-36143-B...002XL2IEA?th=1
This is what I use. Any decently equipped RV store should have them on the shelf. The winters in Georgia are pretty mild and we use our camper during the Winter. I blow out the lines with 40 psi, drain the HW tank and pour RV antifreeze down the traps. Works great. If I was parking the camper over a long northern winter, I would fill the lines with antifreeze.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #13

When the pipes are blown out using air, some moisture and water remain in the pipes. Gravity slowly moves all the moisture to low spots and that will freeze and could break the pipe. Better to use pink stuff.
Sehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #14

Blowing the lines through the city water connector , doesn't protect the 12 volt pump or the line from the pump to the fresh tank .
If your planing on only blowing the lines , you need to , remove the inlet side of the pump and blow that line back to the tank. Then remove the pump from the RV and store in a warm spot for the winter .
Even running the pump dry will not remove enough water from the pump strainer and valve head to prevent damage.
Don't ask how I know this!

Tags
ada, air, compressor, water