Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
To add a bit of humor to theis thread I have a T Shirt

Of course I talk to myself
Sometimes I need Expert Advice.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
No doubt. We just have a Huge scooter (300cc). which we carry on a Hitch motorcycle carrier. Most folks would not put a motorcycle carrier on the back of a gasser, that's why I was loving the Shed that the Newmar model provides.

I had a toy hauler and the problem I had with it was the compromised sleeping arrangements. I reasoned that I spent more time in the bed than riding or hauling the motorcycle so I adjusted my priorities. When I take the bike, I use a lightweight aluminum trailer to haul it on. If I had to do it again, I would try a swivel wheel trailer from Cruiserlifts. It solves the backing problem associated with trailers plus could be added to the back of my Jeep as well.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Sounds like you are headed in the direction my wife and I are in. Finding a FRED is difficult and most are old. Unless you want to go with a Jayco Senica.

We are getting everything we want in a diesel truck and an Alpine 3901re.
Check it out. It is one of a kind and might just cover all your bases.

Mike, Mike, Mike...You're throwing me for a loop here. OMG that's a beautiful 5th wheel. I'm on the brink of confusion. Wow, I love the layout.
However, we're MH kind a folk. And the MH is not out of our system yet. lol. Plus not all RV parks/campgrounds or MH parks admit fivers some even have a length and age restriction, but that's for a different thread. But hey thanks, good stuff.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
Mike, Mike, Mike...You're throwing me for a loop here. OMG that's a beautiful 5th wheel. I'm on the brink of confusion. Wow, I love the layout.
However, we're MH kind a folk. And the MH is not out of our system yet. lol. Plus not all RV parks/campgrounds or MH parks admit fivers some even have a length and age restriction, but that's for a different thread. But hey thanks, good stuff.
All in good time grasshopper.
I was right where you are a year ago. I really wanted a super C or class A . It had to be diesel and I wanted a place for the bike. That left pulling a trailer because finding a diesel toy hauler is a unicorn. Then with a trailer you can not pull a toad unless you want to pull a pickup and put the bike in the bed. Did not want that either. And if i am going to buy a truck I might as well get the diesel I want and pull with it.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:59 PM   #19

Do yourself a favor and go drive the Canyon Star before making your decision, you will be pleasantly surprised. Is it going to ride as well as a DP, no, but the ride is really good. We went back/forth between the Canyon Star 3610 and the toyhauler. We really didn't like how much the toyhauler changed the interior set up so we went with the 3610(now the 3710). But the ride in both was really good, we don't get the sway issues, it tracks well, doesn't get pushed around by wind or big trucks, and has plenty of power going both up and down grades. We are very happy with ours, even though it's a gasser.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilemike View Post
Sounds like you are headed in the direction my wife and I are in. Finding a FRED is difficult and most are old. Unless you want to go with a Jayco Senica.

We are getting everything we want in a diesel truck and an Alpine 3901re.
Check it out. It is one of a kind and might just cover all your bases.
That's a nice looking 5th wheel! I love the garage, how wide is the rear section? Also does the television come out far enough and swivel so you don't have to bend your neck, to watch TV? My wife and I have a Harley bagger and a Vespa 150, do you think they would both fit in the garage? Thanks, sorry for all the questions. Right now we have the older Montana in our signature, but eventually We would like to move up to something like you have. I like the garage without the Toy hauler feeling.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #21

We have not purchased the 3901 yet but it is the unit we have decided on. The garage measures 96 X 57. so both your bikes should fit. How easy do your rear bags come off the bike. On my Yamaha it is just a turn of a key and lift a handle and the bags remove. You might need to pull one side bag off to get the scooter in. Also I will be using a front wheel chock bolted to the floor for stability so I wont need a bunch of tie downs.
I have never pull the TV out so I dont know if it is mounted on a swivel base but that would be easy to add.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, Sorry, Sorry. I forgot about this post. LOL. Don't kill me. Anyway, After 6 yrs of Research, It boiled down to most peoples' top 5 which coincided with mine, namely: Newmar, Entegra, Monaco, Tiffin, Winnebago. Don't get me wrong I like The Fleetwood and Holiday Rambler a lot, but they just don't have the Hp. So I took the Stat sheets and Spec sheets and Lot's of Reviews and Floor plans, and Looked at my Top 4 Choices: Newmar Dutch Star, Entegra Aspire 42 Deq/Rbq, Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, and Winnebago Tour 42/Itasca Ellipse 42 JD. In the End after Meticulous comparisons, I went with the Itasca Ellipse 42 JD 450Hp, It's a 2012, but Dang, Super Clean, Garage/Storage kept, 16K miles, unbeatable price. The thing is Loaded.
I almost got the Entegra 2014 for 185k, super deal. Although it was Smoke free and Kid free, it was not pet free and we're pretty allergic to Cats. Needless to say I was pretty sad. But I'm happy now. LOL.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice