RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2020, 09:01 AM   #1

Need recommended RV repair facility

Good day all,

I am currently in SW FL, Bradenton area.
I have a 2002 Dutch Star and have some issues I want to get fixed. I need 3 awnings replaced and the bedroom slide has developed a leak. Looks like I am starting to get mold as well from the leak. So I need to get this handled.
Anyways I am hoping you folks might can steer me towards a competent shop to handle the repairs.

Thanks in advance.
Mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Is your priority the lowest cost or best workmanship? Any preference for mobile repair at your site vs take the coach to a shop?

Several large dealers in your area, but that is likely to be higher priced and lengthy delays, especially since its the busy RV season in south Florida.

Here's one "bast list", but I can't vouch for any of those places myself.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=rvr...radenton%2C+FL

And some service site reviews:

RV Service Reviews
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would opt for mobile service if they are very good at what they do.
Most charge around $75-$100 for awning installs (labor only). Very easy for them to do. Same with slide seals, they probably have done a few and are good at it. Yours are 18 years old and are probably stiff and cracked.

Mold is another issue. More talent required since wall material has to be removed and the mold abated properly.

Use Yelp in your area and have some come out and bid on the job. I know around here all RV service is backed up, some for weeks.

Good luck!
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxbundy View Post
Good day all,

I have a 2002 Dutch Star and have some issues I want to get fixed. I need 3 awnings replaced and the bedroom slide has developed a leak. Looks like I am starting to get mold as well from the leak. So I need to get this handled.
Anyways I am hoping you folks might can steer me towards a competent shop to handle the repairs.

Thanks in advance.
Just a little North of you is "LazyDays RV" North I-75 to I-4 and head East 1/4 of a Mile and the dealership is on the North Side of I-4 also is a rally RV PARK, Sepic Tanks, Full-Service WASH WAX, Places to EAT. Do you need an address? Lazydays RV of Tampa, 6130 Lazy Days Blvd, Seffner, FL 33584 813-694-3260
Enjoy
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:52 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hereís a mobile mechanic in Naples who has been recommended by folks on the Entegra IRV2 forum. Iíve not used him but may be worth a try.
Jeff Kirkwood, RVMobileMedic.com 239-595-7567, Naples (iRV2)
Grower15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxbundy View Post
Good day all,

Thanks in advance.
I would go to Independence RV in Winter Garden.....great service center and a Newman dealer,as well....they have the best service We ever got at a Dealer.... C
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #7
WTB

If you want quality products and first class service regarding replacement awnings I would suggest contacting Stone Voss/Talan RV in Brooksville. Stone Vos RV Awnings and Slide Topper Replacement Fabrics Well worth the trip from wherever you are in Florida.
WTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 10:03 AM   #8

I 2nd Talin Rv. I was there last week and had all my canopies replaced and had the Guardian Plates installed on my slides. Wonderful people and they do great work. They have power hook up for your coach so you stay on property if you like.

Tags
air, repair