Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #43

Mine is just the opposite. She never was a licker.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #44

Quote:
How about: If I ever did poison a dog, it would have been his. Better?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #45

The licking would be a problem for me... I don't like dog slobber, drools or licks. YUCK! Just think of where their dirty mouths have been. No licks & no bark! We actually used to say "no bark" around here so much that I thought it was going to be my sons first words! Now they're pretty good but start howling at the ambulances (they put in a ambulance depot right by us after we moved in ) so we warn them by yelling no bark and then we get the airsoft gun.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #46

Sadie howls when the phone rings. I tried changing the ring tone, but it didn't fool her.

I've trained many dogs to stop licking. Most weren't even mine. When they lick, squeeze their mouth closed on their tongue, hard. Cruel, maybe, but it works. Doesn't take but a couple three times.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #47

Quote:
I've trained many dogs to stop licking. Most weren't even mine. When they lick, squeeze their mouth closed on their tongue, hard. Cruel, maybe, but it works. Doesn't take but a couple three times.
Cruel maybe try that to DW and see what happens....
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monacoach View Post
Cruel maybe try that to DW and see what happens....
The DW I don't have doesn't lick or bark, and if she did lick, I wouldn't even want to stop her.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark
Thought I would start a new thread after reading this.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/newreply....eply&p=1235617

We have a neighbor at the sticks and bricks house that "takes custody" of their daughters dog that never shuts up. They get this pleasure because she is taking classes, second career I assume, she is fifty-ish and the dog is a "distraction. No kidding? Now guess who is distracted. We have nicely hinted that it is possible to get him to be quiet and having two dogs that we make sure do not bark like that even made some suggestions like a no bark collar or an air horn.

At our winter RV CG the neighbor has a dog that frequently wakes up DW. I don't seem to be able to sleep as late. He also has a habit of biting people and they let him off leash. Lets not get started with the biting dog conversation though.

So short of losing our friendship with these folks that we really like, how do we stop this?
Would not put up with that barking , then off the leash this dog would bite? One time for bitting , warn the owner , happens again shoot the dog
capsfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsfloyd View Post
Would not put up with that barking , then off the leash this dog would bite? One time for bitting , warn the owner , happens again shoot the dog
He does bark and wake DW but in his defense he is about completely deaf due to his age. About biting, he loves us and as of last winter we are OK with him. Strangers may have a problem though. Why they let him off lease I can not figure out.

Now the son and DIL have dumped their PIA mean, non stop barking little I don't know what dog on them so this next winter should be interesting. I found small air horns at the dollar store and bought a bunch. Just in case.

Moving our site is not a good option since we reserve a year in advance to get it and at peak winter season the park is sometimes full. Ear plugs and blinders?
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #51

Quote:
The DW I don't have doesn't lick or bark, and if she did lick, I wouldn't even want to stop her.
Monacoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #52

Had a cousin that used to bite... wish they would have muzzled her or put her down!