Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
new kitchen faucet

just wondering want to change kitchen faucet. can i buy it from lumber stores or do have to buy from camper store.
thanks for any info bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #2

Buy it from Home Depot/Lowes etc. The cheep junk faucets the manufacturers use are easily replaced with quality ones like American Standard, Delta and so on. All you will need do is to adapt the water source to the faucet. This is easily done with std. home fittings.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We've replaced all kitchen and bath faucets in previous trailers...."Adapting" was never required - they fit the existing plumbing
BTW, the stopper valve was easy to add as well. Much nicer than the old piece of plastic which was normally found somewhere in the floor after a bumpy trip
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:07 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just had my kitchen faucet replaced with one from Lowes or Home Depot (I don't remember which). Fit right in, no adaption necessary.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Done the same thing. Really nice upgrade. Easy to replace

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:28 AM   #6

RV faucet

I recomend Delta. They are easy to repair, and everyone carries Delta parts. 50 years of experiance.
kencon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #7

Just replaced both kithchen and bath faucets with nice Delta from Home Depot. Piece of cake. Take one out and put new one in. No adapting.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:58 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
thanks for reply sounds easy anough. few repairs than south.
safe travles bob,linda & missy
new rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #9

Take the old one out first and take it with you. There are different spaced holes, and different length inlets. I'm sure you can find a much better one.
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #10

I put a new pull down in my 5er easy install
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5310007.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	16225  
1stCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #11

I replaced the Kitchen, Bath and Shower faucets with Moen single knob fixtures, just about the best mod that I have made. I prefer to trade with my local privately owned plumbing shop, especially one that specializes in home repairs rather than new construction. They can supply just the required parts rather than buying a faucet “kit” that has extra and un-needed parts, plus they can they can supply “expert” advice.
One thing about the single knob shower fixture- you will have to cut a new single mounting hole in-between the two existing mounting holes. The larger diameter escutcheon plate will cover both existing holes. However, be sure to measure twice (even measure 3-4 times) and cut once! Also it might be prudent to send your wife for something when cutting the hole, my wife was looking over my shoulder when I started and almost passed out when I cut a 2 inch hole into the side of the shower. A secondary benefit is that the shower water temperature is easier to control.
BTW- does anybody know about the 8 P’s? Count them-
Prior Proper Planning Prevents P**s Poor Performance
What? You say that is only 7 P’s!
OOPS! I forgot one- Perhaps!
Richard
Old 12-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Richard, we have moen posi temps in the stick house, and they are marvelous, I can flush the toilet while DW is showering in the same room and not hear a single scream.

Did u use a posi temp in the rv? and does it work with the typically very low volume of water due to the rv's small pipes?
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #13

JimM68
I didn’t use Moens Posi Temps, at this time I can’t remember why not, maybe 8-10 years ago Moen didn’t make them? However I would ask my local Plumbing Supply as to if they would work with the low RV water flow that you mentioned.
Good Luck and let us know if they will work. Maybe if I ever have to replace the Shower fixture I may upgrade to the Posi Temp. We have Moen Single Knob in our house for 25 years and haven’t even had to replace one yet.
Richard
Old 12-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Thank Richard. With a moen single handle, how did you deal with the typical RV showerhead on a hose thing? or did you put in a fixed showerhead, or something else?

Any chance for a picture?

I put a shurflo extreme pump in mine just before putting her to bed for the winter, no chance to test it much yet. If I have some real pressure and flow now, I just might try a posi temp... The tough part of having a newer rig is I really gotta stretch to come up with projects....
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote