Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2019, 08:48 AM   #1

Newbie Question How to get the doghouse off Motor

Good morning, I am trying to figure out where the bolts are on my 1995 Winnebago brave to take the doghouse off the motor cover So I can get to the ignition rotor . Does anyone know where those are? Or do I have to come at them from underneath the RV?
Lholyfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On our last (gasser)MH, the dog house had the two rubber latches on each side. In the middle aft, down at it's base, there was a 3/8" screw buried in the carpet of the dog house that kept the dog house from sliding aft. Yours may have those hidden screws in the carpet around it's base. You just have to feel around to locate them.

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't help with that but noticed you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Lholyfie" ….typically they're secured in four places. Usually, near the top of the doghouse, sometimes right under the dash (so you have to look up under the dash) are two lever latches, one on each side.

The lower part of the cover typically has a large threaded screw that locks it down. They can be hidden in the carpet. Take a magnet and slowly run around the carpet. You sometimes can crawl underneath and see where that large screw runs through the sheet metal to get a better idea of the location.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:48 PM   #5

Four Corners

On my 93' Winnebago, they are located roughly on each corner of the doghouse. Just look for small "flaps" in the carpet that you can dogear (no pun intended) back and you'll see the bolts.

You'll need a 3/8 ratchet with an extension to reach it. I forget the metric socket size.

Easy to takeoff but a bit awkward to move.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:21 PM   #6

I have a 1995, As MinntoMich said there are on the four of them on the floor under a carpet flap, You will need a 1/2 or 13mm socket to remove.

What is going on that you need to service the rotor? If it is because the engine is running rough it may very well be the temp sending unit for the ECU. Very common issue on the 454 TBI. The sender is located next to the top radiator hose and thermostat housing on the passenger side , Costs about $20 and easy to replace.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lholyfie View Post
Good morning, I am trying to figure out where the bolts are on my 1995 Winnebago brave to take the doghouse off the motor cover So I can get to the ignition rotor . Does anyone know where those are? Or do I have to come at them from underneath the RV?
maybe show a picture of dog house on one of the post's you have going?
Mojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #8

Thanks from Lholyfie

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. I'm having it towed to the mechanic tonight but the issue came from not being able to get it going. I got it started and thought maybe it was bad gas from last year or perhaps not enough fuel stabilizer. So I drove it down to put some premium in it. Brought it back and parked it and it seemed fine. Went out to start the next day and it would not start. It's got all new batteries and I can hear the fuel pump working but I was told that it might be the ignition rotor or the coil. At first I thought maybe I fouled the plugs but it's fuel injection so now I'm not sure. It's getting juice but won't turn over.
Lholyfie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags