Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #1

No chassis Power

Hi, my Itasca has an On Start power meter for house and chassis voltage. House power is fine but no chassis power so slide outs don't work.

I checked the fuses and circuit breakers. Look OK to me. I don't think I'm getting any power to the circuit breakers. I hard wired the breaker for the slide out and no go. Ran generator then park hook up but no chassis power.

What happened that started all this was the house batteries were not maintained and Burnt out. I installed all new chassis and house batteries.

Im a new guy and could use some advice. I'm sure I missed something...

Thank you... and thanks for adding me.
Chucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:04 PM   #2

Normally the Chassis battery does not supply the power to the slides but may be different in your MH. Does the MH engine start, if so are you trying to put the slides out with the engine running? On ours the slides will not extend or retract if the Engine is running, or the emergency brake is not on. What does you battery monitor show you battery levels as right now.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:54 PM   #3

My Itasca manual suggests motor running to extend slide out. Everything works except no slide out. The voltage meter in the RV indicates the home batteries are putting out 13.5 volts and chassis 0. It should be putting out close to 12 volts. The chassis (engine battery) runs slide outs, leveler and extends stairs. All work except slide outs.

No idea why meter reads zero.
Thanks. I'm new to this RV stuff. Kinda like monkey flying a space shuttle. Plus at 66 I don't move so fast...
Old 08-30-2016, 05:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Does you coach have a chassis batter isolation switch, did you turn it off while you were changing batteries???

If it does have a switch cycle it off and on and see if the power comes on.

Last year my switch failed, I had no chassis power. I took switch out and tested, no continuity across posts no matter how I turned the switch. Bolted the 2 batter cables together to be able to start the coach. Ordered replacement switch, installed, and all is good.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:32 PM   #5

Hi, I have no battery isolation switch. The circuit breakers that control the slide outs are not getting 12v. I tested the solenoid and both house and chassis batteries are putting out 12v. They both increase to 14+ when I start the engine so charging is not a problem. The chassis battery runs the stairs, slide outs and levellers. That's why the engine has to be running and parking break set. Its a 2011 Itasca Cambria. I have booster on the dash to boost power to the chassis battery using house batteries but that does no good if no power is reaching the circuit. Thanks for the reply. I'll replace the solenoid next and keep working my way along. Its me or it now!! Game on lol
Old 08-31-2016, 05:42 PM   #6

Also thinking that since this issue is chassis related maybe I blew a fuse in cab or under hood that might be the problem.

Tags
chassis, power