Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

No hot water

Water getting to pump but not going thru it. Hot water works till we try to put thru hot water eater. Even my dad long time owner is perplexed. Husband and I are taking toddler and newborn away for 4th.....please help.
UVAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 01:13 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It would help to know make model year of your RV. Whether heater is LP or electric or both?
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVAmy View Post
Water getting to pump but not going thru it. Hot water works till we try to put thru hot water eater. Even my dad long time owner is perplexed. Husband and I are taking toddler and newborn away for 4th.....please help.

I give it a shot you have water in tank but it's not pumping and coming out just hot or hot and cold?
Old 07-01-2015, 03:30 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like your bypass valve is closed.
Chuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #5

When you turn on hot water are you getting cold water or no water at all? If it's no water at all you have a bad check valve. I wrote about our check valve issue in this post.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVAmy View Post
Be sure your outside shower is turned off.
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:24 PM   #7

I'm putting money on the bypass valves being in the winterizing position. She needs to find the back of the WH and turn the valves to line up with the water lines and close the valve between the inlet and outlet lines.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:50 AM   #8

Sorry guys - it's a 1998 Winnebago Adventurer with LP water heater (don't have electric probe). We get cold water just no hot water. It's not the winterizing/bypass valve or outside shower. Accumulator tank by water pump isn't holding pressure. Plenty of cold water pressure in sink in kitchen....but only a trickle in bathroom sink on cold side. Oddly enough when we left to pick toddler up from daycare and came back pressure somehow built up and we saw water running out of the water heater drain valve and it when opened it sprayed all over my dad. Still not working inside though. My mom said she heard pump clicking on and off....but not getting to where it needs to be.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #9

More details

The accumulator tank won't hold air pressure. Manual says max 20. If higher rubber bladder inside will rupture. And cause erratic pressure when using pump. When attached to hose from house registered 30 pressure. otherwise zero pressure reading.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #10

There is a one way check valve on the back of the water heater--as water exits the heater. It is very common to have them fail and NO water will exit the tank from the water line. Pressure can build in the tank if incoming water is pressurized. Either remove the valve all together and reattach the water line or replace the one way valve and reattach the water line. Sometimes this is difficult to do as the valves are on the back of the tank and hard to access.
aztortuga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water