Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2016, 04:25 PM   #1

No one was seriously hurt- Be careful out there

A reminder to be careful out there. A miracle no one was seriously hurt

Multiple vehicles involved in I-10 crashes, DPS vehicle destroye - CBS 5 - KPHO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TrailerCrash.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	125515  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #2

Glad no one was hurt, but it makes me wonder what that cab would look like if that was a 5th wheel instead of a trailer.
Bowti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #3

Arizona/New Mexico is getting hit with high winds right now. Find a spot to park and call it a day. Dust storms come up in a flash with no warning.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #4

AZ highways

We hate driving thru AZ - drivers there are crazy. We've had several close calls in AZ but nowhere else and we've put MANY miles on our RVs over the years. It's not the RV drivers, but these large "farm" trucks with huge wheels that "own" the roads. Just be careful!
rubygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
What a mess, it was amazing no one was seriously injured or worse.
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
We hate driving thru AZ - drivers there are crazy. We've had several close calls in AZ but nowhere else and we've put MANY miles on our RVs over the years. It's not the RV drivers, but these large "farm" trucks with huge wheels that "own" the roads. Just be careful!
That is an interesting statement. I have traveled and lived in many many of these United States, including AZ right now. Compared to what I have experienced AZ traffic is a piece of cake in comparison to the majority of places I have driven any vehicle
Old 04-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
That is an interesting statement. I have traveled and lived in many many of these United States, including AZ right now. Compared to what I have experienced AZ traffic is a piece of cake in comparison to the majority of places I have driven.
Same here. Where did you see farm trucks? Yuma? Yes, that's farming country and those trucks are in any farming state.

We, too, have driven in just about every state and even the greater Phoenix area isn't bad compared to some. Ever drive in St. Louis or Houston?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #8

AZ highways

I think it has something to do with license plates. When I moved to CA and still had KS plates, I had several incidences. We have CA plates on our RV and maybe that's the cause. Fast driving, swerving in front of us, etc. I notice when I visit my daughter in AZ, there's not much traffic and people drive really fast and if they encounter an RV, laws are broken - i.e. passing in no-passing zones, etc. By "farm" trucks, I mean the large Fords, Chevies, big tires, etc. type vehicles.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:01 PM   #9

Dust still hanging in the air in most pictures .

Truck and trailer ; no skid marks and no visible damage to the rear of trailer; looks like he wasn't even trying/able to slow down.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:16 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
The back end of that ford can't be very tough if the travel trailer did that much damage to it. The way travel trailers are built it takes nothing to destroy them, and it doesn't look any worse than the truck.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl View Post
I think it has something to do with license plates. When I moved to CA and still had KS plates, I had several incidences. We have CA plates on our RV and maybe that's the cause. Fast driving, swerving in front of us, etc. I notice when I visit my daughter in AZ, there's not much traffic and people drive really fast and if they encounter an RV, laws are broken - i.e. passing in no-passing zones, etc. By "farm" trucks, I mean the large Fords, Chevies, big tires, etc. type vehicles.
I have lived here going on 6 years and have never witnessed anything like that and I had CA plates on my stuff for the first few months. Are you driving slow in the fast lane? Posibbly driving in another manner that is causing issues? Something does not add up
Old 04-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #12

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The overall driving in TX and AZ that I have observed so far this winter isn't bad, but the number of folks that are obviously distracted by their electronic toys seems much higher to me than in states I have driven in where fiddling with your electronic toys while driving is illegal. It seemed like every third or fourth car had someone with a phone in their hand in Tucson.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:41 AM   #13

AZ highways

Oh, it adds up - and "no", we're not one of "those" that hog fast lanes. We drive as respectfully as we can. Those back highways are pretty much empty and many drivers expect to "fly". That's all - no biggie - just an observation!
Old 04-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I-10 is a terror thru El Paso. Cross border trucks don't give a damn about other traffic.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote