Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #1

no price no interest

I am looking for a new Rv and when I see an ad with just "call for price"or a RV at a show with no price, on the unit I move on.I do not understand this practice.I posted this thread on RV .net a while back and it got removed ??This also puzzles me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #2

Everything about rv.net puzzles me. Anyway, I feel the same as you. On the other hand, if the seller can get someone on the phone they have a chance to reel them in. I figure it's my money, things will be negotiated my way.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #3

I agree with the OP and would walk away the same as you. I guess it goes hand in hand with not posting the milage on a vehicle, the engine size, gen. size and other pertinent information that most serious buyers are looking for. I see ads and posts all the time like this and I scratch my head wondering but you can bet they will always include "NO PETS AND SMOKE FREE". Yea, right.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
I agree with the OP. If the price is not listed, I move on.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I have had conversations with salesmen on the phone that told me I had to come to the store to get a price. My response has always been that if I don't get the price on the phone, there is zero chance they are going to see me in their store.

If they have to play games with the price, there's something wrong.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question Price ?

Same here. I just move on. I hate this game playing, even a lot of Dealers do this. They will never see me in the office / store. The Salesman from our Bay Star Dealer must have seen us talking to a different Sales person at a RV show. In a sudden we get e-mails (called Newsletter) and yesterday he left even a message on our machine....and that after over 2 (TWO) years... Live and learn!!!

RVgreetings
TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 AM   #7

The asking price on a lot of those deals is set only after they have run your credit report or make a visual assesment of what they think you are worth. Other times it may just be a vapor add for a bait and switch.

One local RV dealer does the vapor add. Took me on a one hour tour of his lot showing me every thing that was triple to pirce of what I wanted and never showed me the one that was advertised. When I wouldn't play his game and told him "I'd really like to see the one in the add" he just drove my wife and I to the gate and darted into a card access door locking it behind him.

I pass by any adds without prices and now leave dealerships if they won't show me the advertised unit withing the first few minutes on the lot.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:00 AM   #8

Same here. If no price is shown that just tells me they are up to no good. A dealer with a low price will be proud of it and display it. This goes for parts too, not just the RV itself.

Tip for dealers: If you want my business, don't make me jump through hoops. Be honest and upfront and you'll get my money.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:37 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I agree. No price in their ad, no interest on my part.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #10
paz

I agree with everyone else - no price, no interest. If the price is reasonable, why wouldn't you want to let everyone know? This is a tactic frequently used by dealers who want to get you on the phone so they can do a selling job. If you say the price of the RV you called about is too high, they will then try to steer you to another, less expensive RV.

Even at a flea market, if the merchandise has no price, I just walk on by without even asking. I figure the seller wants to size me up before stating a price. If I'm fairly well-dressed, his asking price will be higher.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
I figure if the price isn't listed it is too high and they don't want to shock you. Then drag you in and start the dance. If it is a good deal and fair price you would absolutely want everyone to see it.

How about the used car type sales nonsense when you do go to a dealer. "I'll have to run it by my manager" We aren't making anything on it" (right) "make an offer" If you gave me a decent price I wouldn't have to make an offer we would be filling out the paperwork.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is always one thing that has always annoyed me, botom line is "No Price, No Interest!" and I won't be stopping by either!
If they can't list the details or the price, They have secrets!

Regards,
RovinOn
RovinOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:33 PM   #13

I do not care to see their "advertised sale price". It is no where near to the bottom line price. I prefer to see their MSRP price of that particular unit. I would start negotiating at 30% and agree to 25-28% and be happy.
Ed & Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #14

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
It seems like the past two years, the dealers and private owners have not been posting a price. I agree that when I see a no price or "call for special pricing", I click and move on.
jDavid is offline   Reply With Quote