Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2023, 05:30 AM   #71

What's a Ranger?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2023, 08:33 AM   #72

A small Ford pickup truck?
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 08:34 AM   #73

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjm View Post

My back up beeper died and I have not fixed it. It is obnoxious from inside the coach.
I disconnected mine the day I got it. I get the point but just too obnoxious in the RV parks.
Yellville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 11:28 AM   #74

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
Exactly. No details, meaning being loud at 5:00am would be included in staying quiet during quiet hours. That is what I mean - no statements saying people coming and going don't have to be quiet during quiet hours.
Ok, but "loud" is also very subjective. Loud is, "strongly audible; having exceptional volume or intensity:" where all that we do in preparing to leave doesn't quality, unless we're hollering at/to someone else. In the same sense, in a quiet room, a ticking clock seems loud but it's not. It is all subjective and unenforceable.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 01:18 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
Ok, but "loud" is also very subjective. Loud is, "strongly audible; having exceptional volume or intensity:" where all that we do in preparing to leave doesn't quality, unless we're hollering at/to someone else. In the same sense, in a quiet room, a ticking clock seems loud but it's not. It is all subjective and unenforceable.
A backing alert for an RV is purposely "strongly audible; having exceptional volume or intensity." Starting the engine, maybe not, that beeping would be patently disturbing to me.
darrellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:04 PM   #76

Now I Know Why I Seldom Stay In RV Parks

To all you light addicted late arrivers who also like to get up and leave early . . . You are welcome to stay in the campsite right next to me anytime.

Lights don’t bother me at all. Once I go inside and pull the drapes and blinds, It’s pretty much completely dark inside.

Don’t hear much either. In fact, if a fellow DP has to start his engine early to air up, it’s like a sweet lullaby coaxing me back to sleep. I love that glug-glug-glug-glug-glug-glug-glug-glug of a big diesel engine early in the morning. It’s a song to my soul and warms my heart. I know some lucky fella is about to head out for his days adventure!

Life is short. Enjoy the best you can!
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:42 PM   #77

The noise from early departing RVer’s is nothing compared to early boat departures in a marina. The bigger boats typically start 2 Diesel engines, the generator and then grind and churn the bow and stern thrusters while they manager their exit. As the above poster stated, I actually love the sound and doesn’t bother me in the slightest.
BayRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 04:17 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
What's a Ranger?
Park Ranger.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 07:58 PM   #79

RV Parks

I have stayed in RV parks and Corps of Engineer Campgrounds for the last 48 years and counting. My wife and I winter in Texas and Alabama; 3 months annually. We have friends that overnight in Walmart and Cracker Barrel parking lots. I will put up with the occasional bad actor in a park in exchange for the security they offer. It's an easy task locating a safe place for an average 30 bucks a night online.
edwardavion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:27 AM   #80

We have only stayed in RV Resort parks and really enjoy them. We have black out shades for the light and leave the A/C fans on high instead of auto to drown out any noise. Some people will like this and others will not. I do believe every pad should be level and they should have a good sewer system. I live in the country on 10 acres with a great view of the stars at night and it is super quiet. When it comes time to travel we go to a resort and we go to have fun and bring the grandkids and we like glamping.
Earl_Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 11:31 AM   #81

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl_Price View Post
We have only stayed in RV Resort parks and really enjoy them. We have black out shades for the light and leave the A/C fans on high instead of auto to drown out any noise. Some people will like this and others will not. I do believe every pad should be level and they should have a good sewer system. I live in the country on 10 acres with a great view of the stars at night and it is super quiet. When it comes time to travel we go to a resort and we go to have fun and bring the grandkids and we like glamping.
I agree with what you are saying. I have a "white noise" machine to use instead of running the AC all night. We have actually stayed in BLM land that had neighbors who ran their construction type of generator all night, with loud music, a drunken party, and enough lights to light up a Broadway stage. Since we had wheels, we left the first thing in the morning. There actually are noise rules for BLM land but no one to enforce them.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 01:54 PM   #82

In 6 years of RVing I have only come across two situations, that come to mind. Both in privately owned RV parks. One kept his stereo up pretty loud all day and turned it down after I asked him to in the evening.. not a bad compromise...
The second was a noisy family Huge RV lots of lights etc.. I walked over to them in the evening and asked them to tune things down a little so that I could get to sleep..
Both times a simple request solved the problem.
A trip to the park owners would have been the next step but never needed to happen..

Safe travels and all the best...
1stimerveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:25 AM   #83

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stimerveer View Post
In 6 years of RVing I have only come across two situations, that come to mind. Both in privately owned RV parks. One kept his stereo up pretty loud all day and turned it down after I asked him to in the evening.. not a bad compromise...
The second was a noisy family Huge RV lots of lights etc.. I walked over to them in the evening and asked them to tune things down a little so that I could get to sleep..
Both times a simple request solved the problem.
A trip to the park owners would have been the next step but never needed to happen..

Safe travels and all the best...
I’ve noticed a lot of times it depends on whether you are 6’ or 6’ 4” when asking as to how cooperative the respondent is.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:31 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
I’ve noticed a lot of times it depends on whether you are 6’ or 6’ 4” when asking as to how cooperative the respondent is.
That's funny. Those are the types/sizes that are most afraid of and eager to appease my 5'4" 115lb wife. Oh, that also includes me
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rv park