Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2021, 12:36 AM   #1

Angry OMG.....Help! Multiple issues with 03 Hurricane

Where in the hell is hot water heater located? How to refill propane without driving to refill it? I mean can you? My gray and sewage hose needed a connecter so I go one. Now there's a big dip at sewage (to ground) therefore it doesn't flow easily. And my Brother did something to the thing that balences RV when using slide out. So....he bought a set of manual jacks. No biggy right? How will I know it's level? Sigh. I want to cry. Any suggestions? The horrible things and yes by the way I looked for a owner's manual online and the only one I could find is for a 2013 or 2012 and mine is a 2003 and like if they have I wish they'd have a diagram showing you where everything is located it took me a minute to locate the propane and everything but I still don't know where the hot water heater is and my oven isn't working my stove top works but the oven has it so I don't know what I'm doing and how do I know what kind of system I have I don't know if something I haven't about hot water heater systems it's either one or the other how do you know what's what? Yes I'm frantic and babbling. I would have reached out sooner but my phone stopped working now it's back on and I'm here help you guys have been awesome so far and I really need you now. 😵😬🥺🤪🥃🥃🥃🥃
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2021, 12:56 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
it is rare to get a fill in the campground, would be expensive given the small size of the tank and the charge for a fill. Many CG's allow long term residents to add supplemental tanks of larger size (50 or 100 gallon) that are plumbed into the rig. Check where you are set up and see.
Look for a panel on the outside of the rig, about 18" square with a vent to the outside. that would be the cover to the HWH. on the rig control panel (over the door?) there should be controls. Most HWH have dual sources of heat. electric and propane, make sure yours are set correctly. the oven is most likely a learning event, not like a house may have to find the manual for that oven and see how to light it.
Level is easy, get a 4' bubble level and lay on it on the floor to check.

They sell plastic holders that lift the stinky slinky off the ground and help get pitch you need to drain connection.

best of luck
New2road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:31 AM   #3

Sounds like you need to get on YouTube and start watching how to rv videos. How to setup, how to use the water heater. (it's not a hot water heater,if the water was hot, you wouldn't need to heat it)

Also, go back home and stay in it a few nights before you take it on the road and learn about it. learn what you need to pack and what you don't need to pack. Learn how to properly level it and set it up. If done proper, you don't need supports under the slide.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misjudg View Post
Where in the hell is hot water heater located?
Maybe under the bed or behind a removeable wall panel somewhere? Look for an access panel on the outside of your rig. See the pics here https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover

Quote:
How to refill propane without driving to refill it? I mean can you?
Propane companies deliver to homes so they should be able to refill your motor home tank - call around or ask the park mgr for help.

Quote:
My gray and sewage hose needed a connecter so I go one. Now there's a big dip at sewage (to ground) therefore it doesn't flow easily.
Use a support, don't leave drains open until you need to dump and then it's black first (close when empty) and then gray tank (close when empty) - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Sidewin...77504434&psc=1

Quote:
And my Brother did something to the thing that balences RV when using slide out. So....he bought a set of manual jacks. No biggy right? How will I know it's level? Sigh. I want to cry. Any suggestions?
Buy a 2 foot level at Home Depot or Lowes - set it on the counter or the floor and test going fore to aft and side to side.

Quote:
The horrible things and yes by the way I looked for a owner's manual online and the only one I could find is for a 2013 or 2012 and mine is a 2003 and like if they have I wish they'd have a diagram showing you where everything is located it took me a minute to locate the propane and everything but I still don't know where the hot water heater is...
Maybe under the bed or behind a removeable wall panel somewhere?

Quote:
and my oven isn't working my stove top works but the oven has it so I don't know what I'm doing and how do I know what kind of system I have I don't know if something I haven't about hot water heater systems it's either one or the other how do you know what's what?
Is the stove top electric or propane? RV propane devices don't usually have pilot lights so you will have to press an igniter or it may have an electric automatic igniter.

Quote:
Yes I'm frantic and babbling. I would have reached out sooner but my phone stopped working now it's back on and I'm here help you guys have been awesome so far and I really need you now. 😵😬🥺🤪🥃🥃🥃🥃
If you can take a pic and post it, of the area where all the switches are, usually above the entry door or driver, we can help identify what you have and what they do.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:45 AM   #5

Here's an image of an 03 Hurricane showing the different exterior access panels. It could be in a different location on the OP's, depends on the model, but the water heater panel will look like the one circled in red.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:06 AM   #6

On our oven, which is probably typical, there is a pilot that must be lit. Turn the knob to "pilot" first. Find the pilot light in the oven, usually under the rack and burner, center of the oven. It sticks out lower than just about everything else down there.

Now press the knob in, while in the "pilot" position, and hold it. This should make a bit of gas flow to the pilot. With a match or long lighter (preferred), apply flame to the pilot while holding down the knob. It may take a few seconds, but this should cause the pilot to light, and you'll see the small blue flame.

After it's lit, continue holding down the knob for 5-10 seconds. When you release it, pilot should remain lit. If it goes out, repeat.

Also important - when you're done with the oven, don't forget to return it to the "off" position.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #7

One more thing, strongly consider getting the leveling jacks fixed, using manual jacks may be ok, but depends on the type of jacks and where they are placed. (I would not bet on it though)
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #8

Take your time work on one thing at a time .Make sure that water is in the water heater before you and heat. Is there anyone around that can help .I know most campers would be willing to give you some help .
Dval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 02:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Where in the hell is hot water heater located? How to refill propane without driving to refill it? I mean can you? My gray and sewage hose needed a connecter so I go one. Now there's a big dip at sewage (to ground) therefore it doesn't flow easily. And my Brother did something to the thing that balences RV when using slide out. So....he bought a set of manual jacks. No biggy right? How will I know it's level? Sigh. I want to cry. Any suggestions? The horrible things and yes by the way I looked for a owner's manual online and the only one I could find is for a 2013 or 2012 and mine is a 2003 and like if they have I wish they'd have a diagram showing you where everything is located it took me a minute to locate the propane and everything but I still don't know where the hot water heater is and my oven isn't working my stove top works but the oven has it so I don't know what I'm doing and how do I know what kind of system I have I don't know if something I haven't about hot water heater systems it's either one or the other how do you know what's what? Yes I'm frantic and babbling. I would have reached out sooner but my phone stopped working now it's back on and I'm here help you guys have been awesome so far and I really need you now. 😵😬🥺🤪🥃🥃🥃🥃
https://media.thormotorcoach.com/med...ers-manual.pdf

2003 manual.....
Old 07-12-2021, 02:56 PM   #10

Ask the campground for a name of a mobile rv repair. Have him come to you and explain everything. Yes, there's a charge but you seem to be flailing and need help if there's no one in the campground to help you.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-430...pport/29764420

Get this for your 'slinky'.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #12

Thank u! When I get home I will check it! Stand by please ☺️����
Old 07-12-2021, 03:35 PM   #13

Yes I agree. However his hours and mine are the same. Im going to have to take a day off. Make a list. Ask for help.
Old 07-12-2021, 03:38 PM   #14

Yes it makes sense. However the RVs. Sewaget and the ground are awkward....there's still a dip at drainage. I'll send picture.