Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake21 View Post
Just adding my experience. My 7500 does not require a torx to get the filter access panel open, just a finger. Also, I used a socket for the oil drain plug and a standard wrench for the fuel filter fittings with no issue. When I changed the fuel filter, very little fuel came out of the hoses and I did not need to plug them. Now, my genny is an 02 era, so things may have changed on the newer ones. Also, i get my filters at oreilly’s. Fuel is a wix 33063 and oil is as stated 112-0833 or Wix 51064.
No worries Don, I appreciate the input, thanks to EVERYBODY that replied here !.......I'm waiting on one more filter for the generator, I was able to get everything off Amazon, ......I found an old , little, oil filter wrench I'm hoping is gonna work. I'm with you on waiting to do the coolant, I'm aways off for now at least.

Thanx again everybody,
Denny
Skyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #16
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
If you're going to change the fuel filter, here is the tip I was talking about. First, if you can find something similar to the cone shape screw on caps that come off tubes of silicone, they work great for plugging the fuel lines while your changing the filters.

The majority of the older Onan diesel fuel filters are square and about the size of a deck of cards. They have two metal fittings and can sometimes be tough to get the fittings started due to the tight work area and stiffness of the piping.

Before you remove the filter, have someone tie a rag around both wrists before you start. This way, as you disconnect the fuel filter, the fuel won't run down your arms.

NEVER use a trouble light while changing fuel filters. I investigated two fires in my career where this was done, one ended up being fatal!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, generator, onan, quiet