Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2011, 12:44 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I am not going through a dealership. I have been dealing directly with the service policy provider. Cut out the middleman and his profit.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The reason I asked about the manufacturers warranty, is the manufacturer has a vested interest in your satisfaction with the MH and the ext warranty. The "independent" warranty company has one consideration, profit. Customer satisfaction, is secondary. This is what happens in the auto industry. I can't imagine it being any different in the MH industry.

One of the biggest causes of customer complaints was non-manufacturer backed warranties. I almost never had complaints about a manufacturers
Ext warranty. That is why I suggest looking into the possibility of the manufacturer offering an extended warranty.

If a dealership offers a warranty, the ONLY one CONSUMER REPORTS says to even consider is the manufacturers.
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mundyecoco1 View Post
Try GoRVwarranty.com. Just got a 7 year for much less than Good Sam. Nice people also!
I've added go warranty to the list, the price is to attractive not to evaluate. I sent them an email for more info.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hope to have the rest of the answers tomorrow.

I really like the policies that offer the consequential damages rider.

CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE – Reimbursement is provided in the event of a Breakdown of a Covered Part due to the failure of a non-covered part or a Breakdown of a non-covered part due to the failure of a Covered Part.

This seems to take away the risk of $5.00 part causing $5,000.00 and only the $5.00 part is covered.

This is where I am so far. Click on the image to enlarge it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Service Contract.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	16100  
Old 12-05-2011, 03:07 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tread carefully! I worked as the Parts Manager for a large dealership, and have seen some slippery stuff. Extended warranty contracts have the largest profit margin of any item the dealership sells. That's how dealerships can justify hiring someone just to do finance and insurance (F&I).
gcsprayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

My RV Shield extended service plan (warranty) just expired after 5 years. We actually managed to collect quite a bit more than we paid in, and the claims service was generally excellent. However, their web site has been "undergoing a rebuild" for several months now and I'm not sure they are still being offered to new customers. RV Shield warranties are bought through brokers and dealers rather than direct, though.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:03 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've narrowed it down to 2 out of the original 5.
1) Allegiance CSI
2) Go RV Warranty

I have eliminated the following 3 for various reasons
1) Wholesale Warranties (Limited mileage option only 35,000 miles)
2) Easy Care (Does not offer consequential damages option)
3) Good Sam (Inclusionary policy only, does not offer Exclusionary option)

I assigned weighting criteria (points) to the attributes were important to me. The attributes I found to be most important to me where:
1) Exclusionary contract
2) Consequential damages option
3) Length of contract (months and mileage)

During my evaluation I called each vendor and followed up with written questions to each, several times. I reviewed their contracts (3 of the 5 were similar enough to make one think they were written by the same attorney). I also solicited opinions from RV owners with policies written by these vendors. I did not go as far as contacting various service centers, thought it would be too time consuming trying to find service centers with experience with the 5 vendors. Now that I have narrowed it down to 2 I may try it.

Tuesday I will call the top 2 for a couple final questions.

I am dealing directly with the provider therefore skipping the middle man dealer/broker and their hefty commission.

I appreciate all the input I have received from everyone here. You will notice that I did not evaluate every vendor suggested. This was because they required that I go through a dealer/broker.

I have attached an updated copy of the spreadsheet used to evaluate the 5 vendors. Take it for what it's worth to you. The criteria used was based on what was important to me.

Comments and/or additional advice welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Final.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	16572  
Old 12-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you checked out CW care, sold by Camping world. Theirs is little known and I know little about them.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Have you checked out CW care, sold by Camping world. Theirs is little known and I know little about them.
They were not one of the ones I looked at. This is the first I have heard of them.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #24

I had narrowed my focus on Wholesale Warranties and GoRV. Somethiing doesn't smell right with GoRV to me. When I asked what policy they were quoting they responded "The policy you have been quoted is the "Elite" coverage under the Performance Care warranty policy" . It appears they have taken the disclosure sheet from the CSI Allegiance policy which is a PDF file and removed portions and sent it as a Word document. I'm told CSI is not available to be sold in FL. I called National Administrative Service Corp who happens to also be the administrator for CSI Allegiance, and was unable to speak to anyone.
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
I had narrowed my focus on Wholesale Warranties and GoRV. Somethiing doesn't smell right with GoRV to me. When I asked what policy they were quoting they responded "The policy you have been quoted is the "Elite" coverage under the Performance Care warranty policy" . It appears they have taken the disclosure sheet from the CSI Allegiance policy which is a PDF file and removed portions and sent it as a Word document. I'm told CSI is not available to be sold in FL. I called National Administrative Service Corp who happens to also be the administrator for CSI Allegiance, and was unable to speak to anyone.
Here are a couple numbers for CSI reps. They have been very helpful and patient with all my questions and emails.

Jen LeClair
1-877-977-7828 Toll Free

Lynn
lynn@bntmarketing.com
1-877-977-7828 Toll Free
623-204-9093 Direct
623-388-6668 Fax

Do you have a copy of the GoRV policy? If not I can send you the one they sent me.

Wholesale Warranties could not offer the coverage in terms of miles I wanted. Their policy and quote states 60,000 miles, but that is a total odometer reading of 60k, i am close to 25k now which would only leave me 35K. I plan on another 3 to 5 years with current MH. I've put on 12K since may.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #26

I'm told CSI can't be marketed in FL. I finally got a human on the phone at National Administration Services (NASC) just before they closed for the day. He confirmed that they, NASC, is the company that is behind both CSI and Performance Care warranty contracts.

That bothers me alot! Same policy provisions, virtually word for word, for two different warranty companies, both founded and administered the same firm, selling for well over $1000/yr difference. I'll probably pass on the whole idea.
Geezer80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
You'd be a "smart puppy" to just put your money in the bank and pay your own repairs. These "extended warranties" are nothing more than an insurance policy, and I'd be willing to bet that the price you're paying direct is the same price that you would pay if you bought from the dealership.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdennislee View Post
Here are a couple numbers for CSI reps. They have been very helpful and patient with all my questions and emails.

Jen LeClair
1-877-977-7828 Toll Free

Lynn
lynn@bntmarketing.com
1-877-977-7828 Toll Free
623-204-9093 Direct
623-388-6668 Fax

Do you have a copy of the GoRV policy? If not I can send you the one they sent me.

Wholesale Warranties could not offer the coverage in terms of miles I wanted. Their policy and quote states 60,000 miles, but that is a total odometer reading of 60k, i am close to 25k now which would only leave me 35K. I plan on another 3 to 5 years with current MH. I've put on 12K since may.
What kind of mileage does CSI quote for their policy? I currently have a GS policy on a 2004 DP with 56,000 miles which is written for a year at a time only but allows up to 150,000 total miles. I've had a couple of very small claims with them, nothing very large, but from what I'm reading I probably better not wait for a large claim before finding out what they won't cover. I have read all the small print but they can still deny claims the customer feels should be covered. I certainly like the consequential damage coverage the CSI writes. Will CSI mail you a copy of their coverages or do it by e-mail?

You've certainly done a lot of foot work checking out all these companies saving all of us much time and effort. Very much appreciated too.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service