Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2021, 06:36 PM   #1

Oregon proposal to stop selling diesel fuel starting in 2024

I’m not one to get involved in political issues, but this is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen put forth by a politician.

Major idiotic legislation currently proposed in Oregon

Starting January 1, 2024 you will no longer be able to buy diesel fuel in Clackamas, Washington or Multnomah County. By 2028 you will not be able to buy diesel fuel in the State of Oregon, unless it for off highway use.

I am not making this up. You ABSOLUTELY need to read the pending State of Oregon House Bill 3305. Introduced in the 81st Oregon Legislative Assembly, 2021 Regular Session.

The STATE SUMMARY document reads: Prohibits retail dealer, nonretail dealer or wholesale dealer from selling petroleum diesel for use in motor vehicle on or after specified dates. Requires public improvement contract to require that motor vehicles be powered by fuel other than petroleum diesel. Prohibits public body from using petroleum diesel in motor vehicle under control of public body.

This bill is put forth by Representative Karin A. Power, Democrat, District 41, Milwaukie, OR
(Email address: Rep.KarinPower@oregonlegislature.gov)

And it gets worse…..The Oregon Government Impact Statement, prepared by Cameron D. Miles, filed on 3/4/21 states “Notice of NO OPEN GOVERNMENT IMPACT"

What,…NO IMPACT! How are trucks going to deliver food to markets, or asphalt to pave roads, or lumber to build houses. You will have to park you diesel RV or head to Washington, Idaho or California for fuel.

Some people are really out of touch.

Contact your Oregon representative about stopping this ridiculous proposed legislation.

The full bill can be read on line here: https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/l...305/Introduced
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2021, 07:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmmm...

It's going to be interesting to see what people do for all the goods they buy that are delivered by trucks.

I don't think the bill will pass but you never know.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
laj

The sky is falling the sky is falling🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️🧜*♀️
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #4

Wouldn't it be greener if they just banned tires in the state?
Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #5

If you follow any state politics there are stupid bill proposed all of the time. Most die in committee, some get out of committee into the broad daylight and die a painful death. Some get passed into law. My thinking is that this bill will die by one of the first two methods, but you never know.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:02 PM   #6

I might be reading it wrong but as far as I can tell it addresses selling petroleum diesel. Nothing about selling diesel.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I might be reading it wrong but as far as I can tell it addresses selling petroleum diesel. Nothing about selling diesel.
Difference being????

From Section 1
(c)(A) “Petroleum diesel” means fuel produced from the distillation of petroleum or its products that is suitable for use in a compression ignition engine.

Sure sounds like a Diesel
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Difference being????

From Section 1
(c)(A) “Petroleum diesel” means fuel produced from the distillation of petroleum or its products that is suitable for use in a compression ignition engine.

Sure sounds like a Diesel
Well, diesel is made out of a lot of stuff. Algae Bio Diesel. etc. Not saying that’s the case but they are specifically mentioning petroleum diesel. Which specifically excludes biodiesel.

No idea. But it will be interesting to see what develops.
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:18 PM   #9

The bill purports to mandate bio-diesel to save the planet. According to all the enlightened ones we only have 5 months to act. Same logic as E85 ethanol which destroyed the fuel system of older cars. My really really smart friends say bio and def dont play well together. I travel thru the Portland area a few times a year, the Summer of Love was disturbing. We do not stop for any reason.
teamwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I agree. It states petroleum diesel will no longer be sold. Instead those counties will only sell bio-diesel. Now the kicker is, virtually all on-road sold today contains 2%/B2 bio-diesel to replace lost lubricity during the refining process that removes sulfur.

Read the entire bill folks.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:53 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
THREAD WARNING!!

Let's get the thread back on track. We have already deleted posts for political statements.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 10:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
THREAD WARNING!!

Let's get the thread back on track. We have already deleted posts for political statements.
Where did it get off track?
Mile Marker 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:02 AM   #13

Memo to staff:

RVs are a political statement in the People's Republic of W Oregon.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:42 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have a range of well over 800 miles. Oregon is big, but not that big. I could easily fuel before and after Oregon. I don’t like their law that says you can’t pump your own fuel anyway. I just wonder what their fire engines would run on? I don’t see his one making it passed committee.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel, sell