Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2015, 08:35 PM   #15

Foretravel Owners Club
Everyone must always be aware that they could be one major illness from down and out
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHomeboy View Post
I like having fun with the best of them, but when you have 200 "campers" in their Class A ONLY Motorhomes sitting on $100k lots, in a gated RV resort, getting together to have a "Trailer Trash" party, it was more than just having fun! And by the way - I wasn't offended, just unimpressed that they think that all of us aren't as fortunate as them.

How do you know that's what they think and that making fun of a group of people was their intent? Did you approach some of the party goers and ask them? I certainly wouldn't want to assume anything of the sort and then post my assumptions to a public forum. At best it's unfair to the group you are judging to be unkind. And like Pope Francis recently said "who are we to judge?"
Old 04-04-2015, 07:13 PM   #17

I looked at the photos, not even accurate.

There wasn't a single pit bull chained to an old refrigerator anywhere.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileRick View Post
How do you know that's what they think and that making fun of a group of people was their intent? Did you approach some of the party goers and ask them? I certainly wouldn't want to assume anything of the sort and then post my assumptions to a public forum. At best it's unfair to the group you are judging to be unkind. And like Pope Francis recently said "who are we to judge?"

I did ask them and they said that was their intent. No assumption on my part. You weren't assuming that I didn't were you?
LAHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:48 PM   #19

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
I looked at the photos, not even accurate.

There wasn't a single pit bull chained to an old refrigerator anywhere.

That's funny! Resort doesn't allow dogs to be chained ouside of your coach.
There was a poodle on a leash though.
LAHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHomeboy View Post
I did ask them and they said that was their intent. No assumption on my part. You weren't assuming that I didn't were you?

No, that's why I asked you publicly. I'm sure you also told them you were publishing their photos on social media for the appropriate public shaming and received their permission to do so.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Geeeze people, "Get a life" After all it is Easter Sunday!!!

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #22

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Geeeze people, "Get a life" After all it is Easter Sunday!!!

Sammie
Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #23

We own a lot at ORI and we were at that party. It was a blast to say the least. As others have posted it was a themed party to make things fun. There would never be or never was anyone making fun of others.

Everyone at that party were our friends. There is no way you asked someone and they told you it was to make fun of trailer people, sorry.
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #24

I just saw this and looked at all the pictures and I think it looks like a fun time. I don't really think it has anything to do with money and less fortunate because I have seen real people like this step out of their big expensive rigs too.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #25

How many RV movies are out there and how many of them DON'T have a scene with these characters in it?

Is it a matter of being less fortunate or simply choosing to not conform to social norms? Do the rednecks on the TV 'reality' shows dress that way because they are unfortunate and can't afford to buy 'nice' clothes with all the money they are raking in? Are they making fun of their less fortunate neighbors?

I met a group of fairly young programmers recently, many of whom looked like stereotypical IT gurus of the 1980's. Think Penelope Garcia of Criminal Minds or Abbey of NCIS. They were not playing dress-up. This was their daily look. IT people are generally not financially unfortunate.

Is it politically correct to dress up to imitate a different social group? An excellent discussion topic for Oct 31.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #26

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like a fun time! I think there is a little "trailer" in all of us...
Old 04-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #27

Excellent job of recycling the refrigerator box. You get an upgrade to a residential refrigerator and privacy too.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door