Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2022, 03:24 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMAC214 View Post
Minirant. DW & I hate these. One of the last things we want to experience in the RV is anybody else's music, movie or TV show. We like to sit out in the evening and enjoy the stars, cricket chirps, owl hoots, and maybe an occasional coyote howl. That is entertainment enough for us. Keep the "entertainment center" stuff inside where it belongs.

Which is why we haven't used campgrounds -- especially the "six flags over...." style ones, in over 20 or so years.

Camping is not "camping" anymore.

Always consider your neighbors the same kind of people that scream the loudest on social media.

The world has changed, and you could see it coming when makers began to put OUTSIDE speakers and TV screens on RV's.

Nature is no longer part of the experience.

--- BLM guy
picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2022, 03:42 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We like ours and the speakers aren't cheap. Unfortunately, we can't listen to it often because we're usually close to someone else-but I like it a lot. I think these entertainment centers are nice- not too sure about tv's out there though unless others are enjoying it with you.
Old 04-28-2022, 04:03 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMAC214 View Post
Minirant. DW & I hate these. One of the last things we want to experience in the RV is anybody else's music, movie or TV show. We like to sit out in the evening and enjoy the stars, cricket chirps, owl hoots, and maybe an occasional coyote howl. That is entertainment enough for us. Keep the "entertainment center" stuff inside where it belongs.
Our RV has one and I don’t think it has ever been used in almost 12 years.
SJ_Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:14 PM   #46

Sounds like you might want to do more boondocking.
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:29 PM   #47

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
That's Funny that is how I feel about golf carts in campgrounds.
Markp22459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:39 AM   #48

Probably why I have lived on boats or in motorhomes a lot of my adult life.

Tired of the neighbors or surroundings?

Move along little doggie........
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:21 AM   #49

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jayco Owners Club
If we are in the RV life we are just going to have to put up with the totally inconsiderate and selfish people who think their noise is to be shared by all. I find the 55+ places are so nice and quiet that they shame the so called 'family' campgrounds. I think if enough of us nicely ask people to turn their music down some of them might eventually get the message. Happy camping.
Marshalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:45 AM   #50

We just spent a week at a campground in Darien, Ga. Nobody ever came out of their coaches or trailers. You didn’t see a person unless they were taking trash to the dumpster, or maybe taking their dog out. It was kinda weird, and kinda boring. Would’ve been perfect for some of y’all though, lol.
Old 04-29-2022, 07:03 AM   #51

Thrre are all kinds of places to RV/camp and all kinds of people.

They often don't mix happily, so if you are a squre peg trying to enjoy a round hole.....
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:20 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by picker View Post
........Nature is no longer part of the experience.

-- BLM guy

Or you could say, " Nature is only a part (or small part) of the experience. "

We've only had an issue with a couple campers over the years. If 10, 20... 50 percent of the campers are an issue it might not be them. Sometimes our expectations are not realistic.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 07:24 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda67bnl View Post
We just spent a week at a campground in Darien, Ga. Nobody ever came out of their coaches or trailers. You didn’t see a person unless they were taking trash to the dumpster, or maybe taking their dog out. It was kinda weird, and kinda boring. Would’ve been perfect for some of y’all though, lol.
We've seen something like this as well. It is weird. I think I've seen it most where a bunch of the folks are FT'ing. Sometimes it might be out of neccessity.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
We've seen something like this as well. It is weird. I think I've seen it most where a bunch of the folks are FT'ing. Sometimes it might be out of neccessity.
We have never done it but I can imagine fulltiming ending up being similar to how most people live at their sticks and bricks after a while. We bbq and sit out on the porches at times but we don't get outside that much to enjoy a campfire, play games, watch nature, etc,,,. I would think that it might turn out the same for people that stay at the same RV park for a while.

This is one of the reasons we love to go camping. We get to enjoy something different. One of the main reasons is to take a beak from the city noise, the traffic, the television and the computers. I know some of you don't understand but it takes away from the quiet experience we're looking for when the camper next door is loud and obnoxious or plays a radio/tv too loud.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:20 PM   #55

While I agree that common courtesy SHOULD rule behavior, it doesn’t always happen that way. Overly aggressive sound levels annoy me.

HOWEVER, that said, my RV is my home. Full time. If it’s nice outside, I’m going to be outside and that probably means the entertainment center is being used — at an appropriate volume level.

You like crickets. I like the Real Housewives from H3ll. 🤷*♀️
donnahill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 05:54 PM   #56

Entegra Owners Club
I'm looking forward to trying out our new outdoor TV when we get a chance. I suspect while tailgating we will use it often, not sure how much when out in the mountains. Of course, a lot comes down to whether or not we can even get any reception.

I'm not going to pay any extra monthly subscriptions to have some fancy wi-fi signal come in, so only if the old school antenna channels can be picked up will I be watching anything. And I don't even plan on bringing a coax cable in case we are somewhere with cable hook-up. Not yet, at least...
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment