Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2015, 03:32 PM   #15

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Luckily we camp in our beautiful Provincial parks most of the time where your more common problem would be needing 50' of electrical cord because the sites are so big. We did however run into the encroaching problem at a NASCAR road race last year. Neighbours pulled in right on the line and extended slides. It was only the opening salvo in a Weekend from hell. This year we will watch on tv!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2015, 04:43 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I could understand if the site was not wide enough.
I am referring to people that pull up on the line "on the drivers side"
leaving themselves lots of room on the door side.

They encroach on other people to satisfy themselves.

Last night fiver pulled into the cg. Sites have 4X4 running down both sides
to mark off the site. Driver put his wheels on top of the 4X4 on the drivers side.
They then started setting up.
The cg host came over to explain why the 4X4s were there.
He replied that he felt they were level and this way he did not need to level
his trailer. The cg did not book someone in beside them as they were only there for one night.
They had a very wide slide on that side and none on the other.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I have to respectfully disagree, I was an educator for over 30 years and it's not taught is school. It is an attitude of many in society, parents who think their child is special or would never do wrong. Don't blame it on schools or teachers.
I have to agree here and it isn't only the camp grounds but even were I store my RV. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1432683866.790663.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	95328Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1432683888.198830.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	95329
This 5th wheel hangs over on both ends. This person keeps pushing my dolly under the steering controls. I complained to the storage place and tell him to keep it in the lines. It's a brand new rig and well let's say he needs more practice driving. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1432684112.651812.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	95330
There is paint on the poles were he turned to quick. This rig still has paper tags and dealer stickers on it.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #18

In a park with concrete pads and the Chief Parker parks you as close to the drivers side edge as possible, are you intruding if you use your driver's side slides? Note, the slides do not extend past the electric/water/sewer connections.
txaggie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post
I noticed some cgs have signs posted saying"slide cannot extend past post".
Your site is marked off by posts and you MUST stay within the bounds.

I have been in a lot of cgs where the rv pulls in, parks, puts slides out, and
then see their slides extend into the neighbors site.
Most people just leave it there, not caring that they are overstepping their site.

Then when they leave they wash out hoses while spraying down the carpet on your site.

Rv etiquette seems to be on a downhill slide.
One cg owner told me his sites were from the day when there were no slides, so everyone had room. Now with slides on both side of rvs, we are
expected to respect our neighbor.
I make it a point NOT the stay is such a narrow site so I've never experienced your dilemma.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
It's the latest thing taught in school now. I'm entitled to everything and it's all about Me ME ME!
I agree to a point. My version of your statement is: "taught in society now". Can't let the students play dodge-ball because someone might not get picked, and someone might get hit with the ball. That is not the teachers fault, it's the parents fault for that, and demanding grading on a curve so the mentally-challenged be passed to the next grade, demanding their children be favored, -it's a never ending list.
The Golden rule is lost.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie79 View Post
In a park with concrete pads and the Chief Parker parks you as close to the drivers side edge as possible, are you intruding if you use your driver's side slides? Note, the slides do not extend past the electric/water/sewer connections.
My Cheif Parker is my wife. I've ran RV park employees away simply by saying "If you require me to follow your directions I require you to accept-in writing, full responsibility for any and all damages my my rig". They always leave.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:25 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The only time we ran into that problem was up in Yellowstone. I think it was the Fishing Bridge camp, I am old you know. Anyhow, they were packed in so tight, when we exited the door on the 5th wheel, if you were not careful, you would get a face full of the next door wall. Never camped there again, i like a little room in my site selection.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:33 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyd View Post

Rv etiquette seems to be on a downhill slide.
ALL etiquette IS on a downhill slide,!!
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
The "Too Close" issue is the culprit. It seems to go hand in hand with the "full hookup" option, which is often part of a "commercial campground"

We are "travelers" more than we are "campers, so we rarely stay in one place more than 2 or 2 nights-and we rarely stay at commercial campgrounds.

Commercial folks cannot afford to offer what municipal parks can offer, as far as roomy sights.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 03:53 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We had some clown drive through our site over they weekend. I looked at him and asked "what the he** do you think you're doing?" He shrugged his shoulders and kept going.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Funny you mention the chief parker. We had one at the red coconut in florida park us. After questioning him if he was sure i had enough room he replies "no problem. keep cutting it". Well, he backed us right into a utility box and damaged our rear baggage door. Didn't even get an apology let alone the cost of repairs. Never again will I let them "guide us". In 15 years of RVing, my wife and I have never put a scratch on it until then. If they insist, I think I will draw up a waiver they must sign before guiding us into a spot.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
I will not stay in a tight park. I mostly stay at KOA or Good Sams and have not had that problem. If I ever run into that problem I will find another site.
As far as the etiquette goes, its not just in campgrounds, its on the highways, in shops and everywhere you go. SOME people just don't care about others.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #28

Every time I see a thread like this it reminds me of a weekend camping trip I took last July. I pulled cab first into my 41' wide site and parked about 6' or so from the power pedestal on the driver's side. The reason for getting so close to the power post was that the unoccupied at the time travel trailer, on my passenger side, parked in its 41' wide site on the wrong side of a tree that was on their site . He had about 1/3 of his site unused, even though there was plenty of room for the trailer on the other side of the tree.A little later a guy shows up towing a boat, that he wanted to back in between his trailer and my MH. It would still be on his site, but just barely. If I hadn't been outside at the time, and yelled at him to stop, he would have backed it into my MH. He finally gets the boat backed in and we started talking. He planned on launching his boat the following morning. He had access through the mangroves on the unused section of his site, to beach his boat, but asked if he could use the wider access that was in front of my MH, which I reluctantly OKd, since my son was coming up later that night with our boat, so we needed access also. Later that first night his son pulls up and parks between their boat and my MH. If I had my awning out, his truck would have been under it. I had them move that because this was getting a little ridiculous. Fortunately the people on the driver's side of my MH didn't have a boat, or my boat, that went in the water the next morning, would have encroached on their site, since my friendly, totally inconsiderate neighbor, had his boat right in front of my MH. My son and I went out fishing, riding around the next day and had a nice time. We got back to the site mid afternoon and all was fine. We went out to a restaurant that night. We got back and our friendly, inconsiderate neighbors had a fire going in the fire ring. The only problem with that was, they were using my fire ring, directly in front of my MH. Their fire ring was on the other side of their trailer on the unused 1/3 or so, of their site. I had to point out again that they were on my site and perhaps they should pay for 2/3 of it since that's how much of it they were using.
And yes, I do feel better now.