Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #1

Question Oxygen Concentrator

My wife, Sandy, recently had to go on oxygen and I was curious how others deal with this situation while travelling. We have the Homefill system which requires me to haul the machinery from the house to the rig which is getting harder as the steps keep getting steeper. Some portables would work but are very expensive.
Don, WIT 70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
Don: Check your PM's. Your oxygen provider is probably set up to provide for travel. We get a travel concentrator and extra tanks. Some may have portable units for you to use.
The Open Roads Forum has a section on Health issues and oxygen use on the road, check here
http://www.woodalls.com/forums/index...d/22744711.cfm
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You may want to do an internet search for refurbished Oxygen Concentrators and keep one at home and one in the coach. They are generally in the $500-$800 range.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #4

We are fulltimers. My wife is on 2-3L oxy 24/7. We have a concentrator and use it when plugged in at park or run off gen set while traveling. We have oxygen bottles from APRIA that we trade in from time to time. We carry different size tanks just in case we want to dry camp and the use a big tank that lasts all night. Been working fine for us for six years.
ravenbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #5
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
My wife has been on 2.5L of liquid O2 for 3 years so we have learned a lot since we go south for 6 months during the winter. After trying several methods and vendors we went with Lincare as they have a good nation wide network of providers who have the liquid O2. We have two medium size liquid tanks that we rotate so she has a steady supply of O2 readily available. She uses a concentrator that runs on 115 VAC during the day and the liquid at night, plus she has the small Helios liquid tank that I can fill off the medium liquid tank and that will last her about 7 hours on 2.5L when we want to go out. I can get the liquid tanks filled in Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico, which is about the extend of our travels, without a problem. In some cases they will come right to the CG and fill the empty tank and help me put it in the coach. I can lift the full tanks from my pickup and take it inside the coach but it's about all I want to lift, but through the generosity of fellow RV'ers I rarely have to do this alone. We have tried the compressed O2 and other means to travel with but the liquid and Helios tanks have worked very well for us for years. We just call our home office and they fax the travel vouchers to the next location we will need a refill and it's worked perfectly for us. If you need more info PM me.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote