Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oxygen Concentrator for Coach

My DW uses O2 at night and we have an oxygen concentrator at home that is provided by a local home respiratory service. It is rather bulky and she does not qualify for one of the lighter, more portable units since she only uses it at night.

I plan to buy a smaller unit for use in the coach. There are many available but I am curious if any of my RV friends who might use something similar might have recommendations.

She does not need a carry around unit since she only uses it during sleep. So I am looking for an AC powered unit that is smaller, lighter and more quiet than most of the stationary units.

One that pops up in internet searches is an Innogen unit that weights about 18 pounds and sells for about $1,500.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #2

Oxygen Concentrator

Have you looked at the Nidek Nuvo Lite?

Standard model part number 520

115V 60Hz 0.125 to 5LPM Flow. weighs only 32lbs

800-822-9255

High quality, low maintenance oxygen concentrators from Nidek Medical Products, Inc
Old 08-21-2018, 12:56 AM   #3

I have sever lung problems and now have to be on O2 24/7

I too have a large rented home unit that is constant flow (flows oxygen all the time) but this is what I use out camping.

https://oxygo.life/?oxygo-products=oxygo

You can run it off the batteries for portable use but it can also be plugged into a 12v lighter socket, and best of all it can be plugged into 120v too and you can run it on AC constantly 24/7 no problem at all. (which is how I got around the nighttime only restriction when I only had to have oxygen while sleeping)
It's also small & very quiet.

This one is a pulse unit though so I don't know if this would work for your wife.
Old 08-21-2018, 06:52 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I have sleep Apnea and require O2 at night. I have a Vision Aire 5. It can deliver up to 5L of O2. It is relatively small, very quiet and light enough to move around. You can find them new around $800.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:56 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
DW has been on O2 24/7 since June due to lung blood clots. She had previously been on O2 at night with her CPAP. Therefore we already had a full size 110v concentrator at home. Medicare is now furnishing small O2 bottles that deliver pulse oxygen for use when we leave the house during the day. It would be impossible to carry enough O2 bottles to go on a two week camping trip. So, we are looking into a portable concentrator that will take the place of both the home unit and the carry around bottles. Unfortunately Medicare will not pay for a portable unit.
This requires that we get a portable unit that is capable of constant flow for use with the CPAP at night and also delivers pulse O2 during the day.
The only one that I’ve discovered so far that does both is the Phillips Respironics SimplyGo Portable Oxygen Concentrator. This unit can operate on AC or DC power.
Has anyone on the forums had any experience with this unit or are aware of any others that may do both constant and pulse delivery?
Thanks
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have an Innogen One G3 that will deliver up 5 L on pulse. Wife used it about 4 times and her needs were greater. Also have 2 - 8 hour batteries and 1 - 4 hour batteries, recharger for batteries. Unit will run on AC, 12V, and battery.

Paid $3,500 for it new.
Will sell for much less.
Send me a note if interested.
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #7

I don't have a recommendation about what unit to purchase.

I do have advise on which direction to go. If it is a condition that will progress to needing oxygen during the day I would invest in a portable unit that can be used during the day. As was mentioned previously medicaid won't provide a fancy portable unit. They are more about a better n nuttin approach.

To avoid having to purchase a third portable unit I would see if you can make this second unit one that will meet future needs.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:26 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
KZ RV Club
We decided to purchase the Simplygo concentrator. Turns out they had a “special pricing” offer almost half off. The internet site didn’t reflect the sale price, I had to call and order it by phone.
We looked at the Inogen units but they only operated on pulse whereas the Simplygo can work on constant flow as well as pulse.
DW uses pulse during the day (2liters) and constant flow at night with her CPAP.
By buying the unit that does both, keeps us from having to carry a portable pulse unit and that boat anchor of a home constant flow unit.
We’ll only use the portable unit when we travel to hopefully prolong its life.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote