Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2020, 08:41 PM   #1

PA Vehicle Inspection

This might be a stupid question, but what do you do when your Pennsylvania inspection runs out and you are on the road in a state no where close to PA?
kuzzy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2020, 09:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
If it were me I'd get it done asap when you get back to PA. That would seem to be your only option.
DandyDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:30 PM   #3

I'd do nothing until you are back in pa.
Some states dont require inspection. Dont think you have to worry too much.
Bobbafett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #4

Travelled for a year like that. Actually left the state the day before it expired and got back 11 months later. Never had a problem and met police in several states and canada borders without any issue.
TIME2CAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #5

States other than Pa are not particularly interested in your inspection. You have 15 days to get your inspection updated when returning to Pa. Just retain any receipt for fuel from another state as proof of your out of state dates
MoCoTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #6

I spent 8 years working for the electric company in Easton PA. That said. The camper/anything with trailer breaks inspection is the least of anyone's problem.
PA issues only 1 plate for a vehicle and in 2016.5- 2017 stopped issuing tags to everything, to save money. So its heat gun your outdated tag off and have none, or run with outdated tags. They are going to all auto plate readers.
Traveling to different states that issue 2 plates and tags can give them a reason to pull one over. Even though your legal. I retired and love SD domisile, I have 2 plates on truck and tags on everything. No inspections on anything.
The people I knew in PA never inspected thier trailers.
travelorer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzzy2020 View Post
This might be a stupid question, but what do you do when your Pennsylvania inspection runs out and you are on the road in a state no where close to PA?
I'd ask PA, just sayin'.....
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:34 PM   #8

I live in MA and what I did one time when I knew I would be back well after the inspection sticker expired was get a new sticker just before I left.
ken64k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:21 AM   #9

Every state may be different, and all you have to do is online look it up and or make the old fashion phone call and ask. I do everything online, and can do it 3 months early in SD, it goes to my domicile adds then I forward it to where I am at the time. One may be able to call PA and or any state, again and ask. If it can be done online, just have it mailed to you at the place your at. Their is always a way, just not as easy all the time. With cops getting auto plate readers, one wants to be legal all the time. PA with not having the tag one may be able to pay online and print out redg.
travelorer99 is offline   Reply With Quote