Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Heartland RV Club
Paint!!!!

Vinyl does not last that long especialy if you are in the south, that's how I wound up with Chromalusion (color changing) paint, aftermarket vinyl started to crack and peel.

Now IMO the color and lines of a classic Holiday the OP has is something not to mess with, get it painted exactly as the factory had the vinyl ..... Then again Im a NUT for classic rigs!!!!
F239141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldme View Post
Question for Manuel B....
You said "so I bought a 150' roll of orange vinyl online for $63. and did it myself".

Could you outline the procedure you used?
Such as type of vinyl and source, as well adhesive?

That looks good.

Thanks.
I bought the roll of 3M standard vinyl here, 3M Vinyl Striping | Pinstriping Tape | Order Today
they will send you free color samples, standard quality is 5 to 6 years outdoor life, all the rolls are 150' easy to apply, just wash the area, peel off the paper backing, squirt soapy water on and squeegy out the bubbles as you go, adheasive is already on the vinyl, exacto knife to trim around items, I started at the rear, and by the time I got up one side I had it figured out better and it went quicker and smoother. I wanted to be able to remove the stripe in case I ever wanted to sell it if I found another coach I liked better.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #17

Additionally, There is a product call 303 protectant sold at marine stores like west marine that will extend the life of your vinyl quite a bit if you use it religiously. Works great on awnings and plastics and other parts subject to serious degradation from uv rays.

And vinyl is not difficult to apply, take your time, use a spray bottle with water and a cpl drops of soap in it and just work right along. It goes much easier than one would think. Long stripes and large pieces could require an extra set of hands though.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #18

iRV2 No Limits Club
Cool info.
Thanks for the replies.
Something to keep in the info chest of to items.

This forum is great for sharing info and tricks.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:06 AM   #19

The prior owner had my 1991 Foretravel wrapped (looks like a log cabin). In my research, they give it 5-7 years. I do not see fading but there are areas where it is pulling (windows) and a few that look like it is slightly peeling. I know heat is the key to removal or stretching and they do sell on Amazon the adhesive pen to place it back down. Painting would be my preference but for now I will try to fix the minor areas.I do see the original Foretravel Grand Villa stickers under the wrap so hopefully when I eventually remove the wrap I can save them (or find new ones)... I am sure no one will read this but any suggestions would be appreciated .. can you find original stickers or does one have the design hand painted on?
KtyTravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtyTravel View Post
The prior owner had my 1991 Foretravel wrapped (looks like a log cabin). In my research, they give it 5-7 years. I do not see fading but there are areas where it is pulling (windows) and a few that look like it is slightly peeling. I know heat is the key to removal or stretching and they do sell on Amazon the adhesive pen to place it back down. Painting would be my preference but for now I will try to fix the minor areas.I do see the original Foretravel Grand Villa stickers under the wrap so hopefully when I eventually remove the wrap I can save them (or find new ones)... I am sure no one will read this but any suggestions would be appreciated .. can you find original stickers or does one have the design hand painted on?
I don't have an answer, but I would love to see a picture of that!

Tags
paint