Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #15

Most campers, especially those with larger motor homes have probably run into this situation. I've experienced several situations when after parking and setting up a camper has come in and parked and setup in the site across from me and parked their car or truck in front of their rig. This prevents me from getting out and I've never had a problem when asked if they would move their car or truck. Sometimes the situation resolves itself when they leave before me.
Towing a '14 Honda CRV
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2021, 12:06 PM   #16

Not in RV park, but a couple of weeks ago, I picked up my travel trailer from storage lot and drove over to the house to stage it for leaving the next day. A neighbor was parked in the only place available, but they when they noticed our dilemma, they quickly moved the "extra" car out of the way. They had 4 cars in the driveway, none fit in their garage, so they had to put one on the street. This used to be a bigger problem but two of our neighbors with driver age kids moved last year and we have a lot more street parking now.

I would not think twice about asking a neighbor, and if asked to move my vehicle, would never be offended.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:32 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Always ask politely as soon as the problem arises. I usually say we are early risers.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:18 PM   #18

Be nice and ask them to move.

Can't imagine sitting around fuming about how others park their cars.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 05:27 AM   #19

I don't see why not.
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:04 AM   #20

We are all one community, it helps you if you ask. Also helps them in case of an unfortunate bump into the side of their vehicle. When I have company over visiting the site, I make sure to have them park right where I tell them so other campers dont have these issues.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster73 View Post
We are all one community, it helps you if you ask. Also helps them in case of an unfortunate bump into the side of their vehicle. When I have company over visiting the site, I make sure to have them park right where I tell them so other campers dont have these issues.
You are a good person! This is a pet peeve of mine. When you have an additional 2 vehicles visiting, please have them park in the overflow parking lot!
linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:23 PM   #22

Talk to the manager, thatís part of his job.
Phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Ever notice the ones who need the exercise the most park closest to the destination?

And they are ones that will circle and circle a parking lot just to get a closer spot. They may have a health issue, but that's what handicap spots are for if they have a placard.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
May be that they are inconsiderate, or perhaps they just lack common sense.

Ignorance in manners and decency is inconsiderate and rude bigly heck hugely in most books, specially with the perp is a grown A dult!
Old 06-24-2021, 04:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwinger View Post
And they are ones that will circle and circle a parking lot just to get a closer spot. They may have a health issue, but that's what handicap spots are for if they have a placard.
Unfortunately, some handicap spots are taken by non-handicapped.... hoping they won't get caught. Or they pull in and the passenger goes into the store & the drive stays outside. No placards or handicap license plates. I hate to see this!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 04:58 PM   #26

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Have asked many times. Have yet to run into someone that says anything but yes. Most are totally friendly about it and havenít ever met anyone that was outwardly annoyed by it. Whenever Iím asked Iím happy to move. Itís part of the experience and I think everyone gets it.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:03 PM   #27

The long, complicated answer is......yes.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
Have asked many times. Have yet to run into someone that says anything but yes. Most are totally friendly about it and havenít ever met anyone that was outwardly annoyed by it. Whenever Iím asked Iím happy to move. Itís part of the experience and I think everyone gets it.

Great point to inform before they go get comfortable and have had a few in the evening, the mood may be unpredictable... similarly if you are taking off at the break of dawn better to ask the evening before and as early as possible. Suds or fermented grape juice and many other libations, cause some folks to foamup for no reason!