Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2021, 05:42 PM   #29

Why not? Yes help the person out that is moving his TT.
franklin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2021, 06:05 PM   #30

Excel Owners Club
I thought I had the problem solved until I tried to get tags for the vehicle. When I filled out the following information on the application, they tossed me out of the office.

Vehicle Manufacturer: Chrysler
Model: Abrams, M1
Vehicle Type: Tank

Tried to downsize to a Bradley, but they wouldn't budge.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to ask them nicely if they could move their vehicle.
CARLnJANIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:16 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLnJANIS View Post
I thought I had the problem solved until I tried to get tags for the vehicle. When I filled out the following information on the application, they tossed me out of the office.

Vehicle Manufacturer: Chrysler
Model: Abrams, M1
Vehicle Type: Tank

Tried to downsize to a Bradley, but they wouldn't budge.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to ask them nicely if they could move their vehicle.
Try the M1078 they auction em off and are street legal when adapted! Just like the hummers they sell at auction!
Old 06-25-2021, 06:31 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Unfortunately, some handicap spots are taken by non-handicapped.... hoping they won't get caught. Or they pull in and the passenger goes into the store & the drive stays outside. No placards or handicap license plates. I hate to see this!

I've seen that also. Of course if the non-handicapped take the spot, they are automatically considered mentally handicapped. I've been known to comment loudly at that point.
glwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:43 AM   #33

Often people don't realize the problem their parked vehicle may cause. Sometimes they just don't care, this is becoming an "It's all about me" world. I've only had one issue while camping. Guy next to us parked his diesel truck in between his 5th wheel and our MH. I'm not talking a pickup, it was a stubby semi. Like the ones used to moved mobile homes.

Anyway he would start it up and wait 15 minutes for his wife to come out. In the meantime our MH was filling with diesel exhaust. To top it off one day he decides to do body work on his truck. Sanding and spray painting it 5' from our MH. That's when I had to go talk to management.
Old 06-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #34

We were in a campground in Alaska and pulled out of our site in the morning. Driving on the campground one-way narrow road we encountered four big dually trucks parked at a curve and half off their site and into the street. No way for us to get through. We layed on the horn and probably woke some up but they came running out of their RVs & moved their trucks. Why would people not realize what they're doing?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 05:16 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnemj View Post
You are a good person! This is a pet peeve of mine. When you have an additional 2 vehicles visiting, please have them park in the overflow parking lot!
If I know I hsve visitors coming, I will take my truck to the overflow parking lot. I also try and let the guard shack know they're coming. Many times they have told us to just use an empty site nearby if it's in the middle of the week.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote