Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #85

I prefer camp grounds,but I have stayed at Walmarts a few times.always go in and ask the manager were they would like me park
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #86

We stopped at one is SC and went in to see the manager. We paid for our groceries and he showed us to the door. Then he pointed out the row that he wanted us to occupy and said that was the part of the parking lot most covered by cameras and could be seen directly by the clerks at the gas station.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #87

I run my generator all night too. Why not? Drove for Walmart for 20 years and slept on more parking lots than I ever will as an RVer. Always ran the APU. You won’t get any rest from all the noise if you don’t. My Predator is a lot quieter than that ol’ APU ever was.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #88

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
When in Walmart, I only put my slide out to sleep and run the generator for the same reason.

I also use 5 or 6 parking spots since I have a toad. I do like to park far from the store, with the nice grassy border out my door.

Is there some rule preventing this ?
A few years back the Escapees organization came up with “Rules for Camping at Walmart”. The list has been used as gospel by all kinds of internet and YouTube warriors, but these “Rules” were never from Walmart. Escapees just made them up! They have now moderated their position and call the “Guidelines”, but I still go by my standard way of doing things - ask the landowner (Walmart manager) what they want me to do. I have never been in a Walmart that told me to not put out my slides. I have never been in a Walmart that said it was wrong to run my generator. And yes, I ask those questions every time.

Oh, I do have orange cones to put out next to my slides so they are fairly visible, and I always find an edge to put out one side of the slides (I have 4).
Old 08-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #89

Sooo, now back to the Walmart overnight parking topic . . .

This Walmart had signs that said no trucks or trailers, and that they would be towed. No signs were posted about RV overnight parking. This location is in Missouri on a highway without any rest stops. Maybe its time for the signs to come down.

When I left in the morning, there were 15 trucks and 1 motorhome. The other side of the parking lot looked similar to this picture, in case you were counting.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1565793806
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7992.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	256862  
Old 08-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #90
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
This thread is closed due to numerous posts that violate our community posting rules. Thanks to those who posted within our guidelines.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #91
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thread Closed!

Once again we have had to remove many post for being off topic and in many cases against the Community Rules.

This rule needs to be reviewed before you submit any new post in any thread!
Quote:
General posting or discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions or posting about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
Site Staff
Closed Thread