Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: Is the Internet an indispensable part of your life?
The Internet is an integral part of my life. "Multiple times daily" 34 73.91%
I use the Internet frequently - "Once a day perhaps." 10 21.74%
I use the Internet infrequently - "Only when I need it." 0 0%
I can take it or leave it. 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Arrow Part Of Life ??

"The Internet is no longer just the Internet, it's a part of life!"

How relevant is this statement in your life?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #2

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
It's a great interactive communications tool. I guess it's become a part of life just like newspapers, telephones, and television.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:14 AM   #3

For Me it is a way to keep in touch with people. Also even before I started fulltiming I do all my own investing and it is the only way I know of to get up to the minute information. Now that I am fulltiming I do allow cell service to dictate where I will camp. For the record and this is not an endorsement but I have verizon internet cell service. Maybe I should look into stillite service.

Mike
tumbleturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #4

Very relevant, seems both internet and cell phones have become a must for us. Just don't like to be without either one.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #5

I use the internet to make our traveling money and I would give up tv before the internet.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We do so much through the Internet. Given the heavy bias on most media, we like the option to find information other than what is being spoon feed to us. The search capability is probably our greatest use although connecting with others is a close second. We are trying to get to as paperless as possible, both directly on the Internet and with the other computer facilities that we have.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:03 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandering Retiree View Post
I use the internet to make our traveling money and I would give up tv before the internet.

What's the website for making traveling money? I need more!

Sorry . . . . just caught my eye and tickled my funny bone.

BTW - I'd give up TV before the internet, too.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #8

Thumbs up Internet?

The best tool ever invented!

You are able to search the web for anything you might need, buy it and have it delivered to your home without ever leaving the house.

Keep in contact with freinds and family, do all your banking while on the road and have fun doing it.

Watching TV has come down to the News and Weather and to watch a race or two.

I think that the internet tops it all.

Henry.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #9

It is a part of life today it seams like,,{not sure if that is all togeather a good thing}..Since we are ruminating on todays miracles we take for Granite,,can someone explain to me why the keypad on the phone is backwards from the keypad on a calculator or computer..

Trueblue
Trueblue R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use the internet at work and play. Also playing at work as I am doing now... oops better get...K-man
Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
KHB

Send a message via Skype™ to KHB
The Internet is basic to staying in touch with my world-wide network of coworkers and family. Finances cannot be managed without it. Even mail-distribution to me would be impossible were it not for the Internet and my ability to say where to send it. TV is so-o-o yesteryear.
KHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #12

The Internet is switched on more often than the kettle - being in England thats a lot! It allows me to check out what is happening around the world and in the world of IRV2 too. We also use it for business - its a fabulous tool to have nowadays...
Icey
in Blighty
Ice-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Internet has become so much a part of our lives that I am thinking about purchasing another computer so I can use mine when I want to. I use it primarily for iRv2 and email while Bev uses it for general web surfing.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #14

As the only one who so far has voted "I can take it or leave it" please let me explain. On the plus side, everything one would ever want to know about any subject, the internet has no equal. On the minus side, everything one would ever want to know about any subject, the internet has no equal. There is a lot of good to be found, as well as a lot of evil. Our children & grandchildren, unless supervised, are subject to whatever is out there, good or bad.

I look at my g'kids & they are 'hooked' on the internet. They spend countless hours sitting in front of their computers - they are so computer savvy that it scares me. They no longer interact on a personal level with their contemporaries, no longer go outside to play, just looking for the next available 'blueberry', 'blackberry', or whatever the latest electronic gadget may be.

As for myself, It seems as tho the only contact with others is thru emails. No more phone calls, letters, Christmas cards, etc. Not to mention the 90% - 95% of junk mail I receive daily from people I have no interest in having contact with. Delete, delete, delete!!

Don't even get me started on cell phones. My life changed dramatically on 12/27/00 when I was rear-ended by a 17 yr. old while she was talking on her cell. I'm also sick & tired of hearing the endless/mindless jabbering of others at restaurants/waiting rooms/any other place one can think of. What has happened to consideration for others?
Seems as tho life was so much simpler before the advent of all the electronic intrusion into our lives. Call me "old fashioned".
jodann is offline   Reply With Quote