Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2016, 09:10 PM   #1

Partial De winterization

FWIW Since there are questions posted every spring I thought to post this as a reminder.

We had a nice day and are heading out next week so I started to de winterize. Since there is a cold snap starting tomorrow I blew out the antifreeze by opening the faucets and giving it a minute or so of air. What antifreeze is left will not be a problem. Changed the bypass on the hot water tank and switched the pump isolation valve to water tank input. Put the plug back in the HW tank and checked the tape over the switches for hot water. I left the outside shower filled with antifreeze.

The theory is that a little trapped antifreeze will come out with the first load of bleach and water. Depending on the weather either the day before or the day we are leaving I will add 10 to 20 gallons of fresh water. Also will add bleach to sanitize and run the pump to get it into the system and fill the HW tank. We will carry drinking water to get through the first tank or two but the sanitizing water will do toilet and dishes with no problem. I will either fill the fresh tank or dump and re fill when we get to a campground the first night. That tank will flush out the leftover bleach and anti freeze. Then we can start drinking tap water. Once there is water in the fresh tank we will keep heat in the MH. I'd rather start with it warm anyway. ;-)
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2016, 03:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sure is nice to have winter slowly leaving us. De winterizing is always a good feeling. In the 70's yesterday, snow expected over the weekend. Coach is full of fuel and ready to leave. I can handle the wait.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter