Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2007, 04:29 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We renewed for 3 years in May 2007.

We didn't use PA until last week. The week's stay in Sebring, FL more than paid for the 3 year membership.

JMHO regarding the benefits of this membership.

We have never had a problem obtaining PA rates at any location we have ever used it. As long as we followed the rules outlined.

Just thought I would share this info for those wondering whether it is a good deal or not.

For us over the years it has been. Just wish we were in locations to use it more often, more often. Is that a double whatever?

Long and Smooth Highways.

Disclaimer:I have no fudicial relationship with PA.
SideRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2007, 04:29 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We renewed for 3 years in May 2007.

We didn't use PA until last week. The week's stay in Sebring, FL more than paid for the 3 year membership.

JMHO regarding the benefits of this membership.

We have never had a problem obtaining PA rates at any location we have ever used it. As long as we followed the rules outlined.

Just thought I would share this info for those wondering whether it is a good deal or not.

For us over the years it has been. Just wish we were in locations to use it more often, more often. Is that a double whatever?

Long and Smooth Highways.

Disclaimer:I have no fudicial relationship with PA.
SideRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #3

We have used Passport America for over 8 years of fulltiming and it has paid off very well for us

Gypsy Journal Newspaper
Nick Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #4

We've been well satisfied with our PPA membership since '99. I only wish they had more parks along major interstates.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I have had PA and now have camp USA. We got it last January at Camping World in Tampa. There are too many restriction and hard to find a place in Florida in the winter that will take it. We ran into the same thing with PA. The main reason I got it was Pirate Land in Myrtle Beach takes it in off season and our daughter lives in Myrtle Beach, So I quess it has paid off for us.
Tom
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #6

My wife and I took two months and drove from Calif. to Maine and back with a lot of stops in between. We have been members of Passport America for many years, but have really not utilized its benefits until this trip. I found for the most part that finding parks where we were going was not convenient and we had to drive a long way out of the way to reach a park. Often the extra travel negated the savings. Regardless, it is worth the price of admission.
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #7

The parks in the NorthEast tend to be off the beaten path, but I have had no problems finding P.A. parks between Arizona and Illinois along I10, I25, I40 and I44 (in Missouri, not the toll roads in Oklahoma)
Old 01-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #8

PassPort America is a good deal for the money and with over 1400 parks,theres just got to be one somewhere you are going.

Joe
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #9

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to let you guys know that my name is Rachel and I'm new to the forum. I work for Passport America so if you have any questions, just let me know! I'll be checking in to see what pertinent information I can give. Hope you guys have a great one!

Rachel
Old 01-18-2008, 06:23 AM   #10

Hello again

Just wanted to let everyone know that we at Passport America update our website every week with new campgrounds and such! You can check it out at http://www.passport-america.com/camp...ticipating.asp. We also have a campground referral program for members. If a campground that you refer signs up and stays with Passport America for at least 6 months, you get a commission check for $50.00! You can call and request campground contracts to be sent to you at 1.800.283.7183 or get it from the website at http://www.passport-america.com/refe...pgroundfaq.asp. Hope this helps! Looking forward to talking with you all

Rachel
Old 01-18-2008, 06:54 AM   #11

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
Rachel 01 , Welcome to iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #12

Hi George!

Thank you for the welcome!

Rachel
Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi, Rachel. We are several year members for Passport America, like the service very much and are glad to see you join IRV2.

We do have a question. We've stayed in lots of PA campgrounds and, because we are careful about reading the descriptions of them provided, had not been disappointed until our last trip. After a pretty difficult day of driving, we selected a PA campground in Murfreesboro, TN. At check in, the facility looked fine for an overnight stay but when we drove in the campsite area, it became clear that we had made a mistake and we very nearly left right away. I have pictures of the surroundings including the HUGE dump truck that was parked in the site across from us the next morning - and there was no construction going on in the campground. Our question is: is it possible to update the description of this park so that others are alerted to what they are getting into? A better choice, IMHO, would be to eliminate the park from PA participation but I recognize that some might have a different judgment of the situation. It was obvious that we weren't the only PA members there that night because the traveling RVs stood out like a sore thumb in those surroundings. That was part of our concern.

Thanks of any insight that you could provide.

Charlie
chasfm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #14

Hi Charlie!

Thank you for the welcome! I sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had at that campground. Unfortunately, I am not able to find the campground you are talking about in Murfreesboro, TN. Do you happen to know the name of it? Thanks in advance!

Rachel

P.S. If you ever have anything that seems/looks questionable at a campground, please do not hesitate to let me or another representative know. We are always very happy to help!