Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2021, 05:27 AM   #43

All boils down to 1 simple fact, if the people/person videoing or taking pictures is not doing anything illegal and that "bothers" you, you need to remove your intolerant skull from your rectum.

If more people keep out of others affairs, the world would be a better place.
rtaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2021, 07:01 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtaggio View Post
All boils down to 1 simple fact, if the people/person videoing or taking pictures is not doing anything illegal and that "bothers" you, you need to remove your intolerant skull from your rectum.

If more people keep out of others affairs, the world would be a better place.
Not trying to get into yer affairs and this is out in the public, but is the skull up the rectum illegal? If not, why do you decide they should remove it? Seems to "bother" you too.
OldWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:04 AM   #45
JVH

Send a message via ICQ to JVH Send a message via AIM to JVH Send a message via Yahoo to JVH Send a message via Skype™ to JVH
I am usually busy enjoying my travels and don't have enough spare time on my hands to worry about what others are taking pictures of.

FYI: I very much value this forum for discussing and teaching me things about RVing that are important to know.
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #46

I agree that a lot of folks are Facebook or Instagram crazy. However, there is another side to that story also. Since most of us don’t print tons of photos anymore, since we’re using digital cameras, Facebook is a very convenient way to create a travel journal, for both ourselves and also for friends and family who may be interested. I personally have found it to be an easy way to look back at past adventures. I take a lot of photos, but I believe I don’t miss the experience. If anything, I enjoy the moment AND am able to capture the memory too. We’re all different.
Barkerranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #47

IRV2 has a great tool

This thread and others like it are the reason I appreciate the Ignore Thread tool provided by the IRV2 developers. When these pointless conversations go on ad infinitum they start cluttering the top of the thread list.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #48

Well.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I remember a day when people actually looked at the parks with their eyes. Today everyone seems to see the world though their phone while they video it.

Has anyone asked to not be included in the background of a vacation video? Personally I really don't want to be on tape every second of the day.

I wonder if there is a polite way to tell these people to just enjoy the moment. No one will want to see you video when you get home anyways.
I hadn't really noticed until you mentioned it, so instead of minding my own business, I started looking around and you know what? You're right! There are a lot of people doing stuff with their phones. Reminds me of how, many years ago, people did the same thing with their cameras. Of course, that was a pain, because then you had to not only buy film but then drop it off somewhere to have it developed and then pick it up later. And those cameras were a lot bigger and sometimes, in crowded areas, people would accidentally bump you with the cameras. Ouch!

So, I went back to minding my own business. Presumably, those people are still out there enjoying their phones and immediately sharing their adventures with their friends.
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 10:57 AM   #49

Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
I am usually busy enjoying my travels and don't have enough spare time on my hands to worry about what others are taking pictures of.

FYI: I very much value this forum for discussing and teaching me things about RVing that are important to know.
What you said!
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:43 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
I remember a day when people actually looked at the parks with their eyes. Today everyone seems to see the world though their phone while they video it.

Has anyone asked to not be included in the background of a vacation video? Personally I really don't want to be on tape every second of the day.

I wonder if there is a polite way to tell these people to just enjoy the moment. No one will want to see you video when you get home anyways.
A - I’m 64 and have plenty of pics of myself and family members at many national parks back in the 1960s forward. This is nothing new.

B - If you don’t want to be on video all the time, don’t leave your home. From your neighbor’s doorbell to retail security cameras, you are on film you don’t control most of the time unless you are a farmer or game warden.

C - As previously stated, if you are in a public space where there is no expectation of privacy, anyone has the legal right to photograph you. This could be in the background or even as the subject. You don’t have to cooperate, but they have the right to the images. You could politely make your case, but don’t expect a listening ear.
Shutterbug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:32 AM   #51

It bothers me a bit that anytime anything remotely interesting goes on, you'll see people looking at it through their phones. Video, pictures, whatever. After a point I sometimes think that if they want to look at the world through their phones, they could do that from their couch. That some people can't seem to do anything without a phone in their hand doesn't seem to be a very healthy social phenomena, but I don't really know.

What I can't stand is people in public trying to take couple selfies. That's awful. Because if my wife sees them she'll march over and offer to take a much better picture of them than a short-arm selfie. And she will. And THEN nothing will do but she has to get them to take a picture of US. And I take terrible pictures. 90% of the time I'm squinting, eyes closed, smiling like I'm looking at the guy who just assaulted my daughter, it's always something it seems. So yeah, that's annoying. You people stop doing that. Where my wife can see you.
GypsyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #52

I don't mind being photographed. I just wish they'd give me time to fix my make-up.

1993 Rockwood 28' Class C - Ford E-350 7.5L
Bobby F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 11:11 AM   #53

When our boys were preschoolers I videoed everything that would make a good memory. As they got older, I videoed less often. Then one day I got this real cool Canon digital video-cam. Boy did I hate that crappy camera and pretty much stopped videoing. Now I’m getting more into it again. Cameras are so much easier to use these days.

Having said that, there is a profusion of YouTubers that make a good living making travel, and especially RVing, videos. While I don’t think there is anything you can do about people catching you in there vacation videos (you are in public and have no expectation of privacy) but if it is a for profit purpose like YouTube, they don’t have a right to use your image without compensating you. You might just ask what the purpose is and if they say YouTube you can respectfully ask that they don’t include you. Most reputable YouTubers will respect your privacy if you let them know you don’t want to be in them. Heck, most decent people will avoid having you in the background if they know you don’t want to be or if they don’t want you in them.
Tomevansfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 12:26 PM   #54

Why COMPLAIN?

If you just sit in your camper with your windows and shades down then you won’t have to worry about tobacco smoke…. or being an extra in someone else’s picture.
Backcountry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 06:07 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby F View Post
I don't mind being photographed. I just wish they'd give me time to fix my make-up.
SMILE! You’re on Candid Camera!!
Country Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:11 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by egwilly View Post
Well, my opinion is that they don't care if others are in the video. They are so absorbed with their surroundings. Telling them would do little good.

My 1 cents

Hundreds of hundreds (aka thousands) of such turons are from out of the country (maybe residents).

They have always acted that way, as we've seen for decades. Yosemite & such, have seen it forever.
Mot W is offline   Reply With Quote