Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2022, 03:20 AM   #15

How about the traffic backup where people want to use the bathroom? I point them to the woods. You let one in you'll have 50 standing there before you can blink.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2022, 05:48 AM   #16

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have never experienced any of these issues the OP reported. Not in 45 years of camping and rv travel.

If I did, I would tell them to take a hike.
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 06:11 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Never had the problems . I’ve made clear to family that the rv is our use only. If I invite someone for dinner inside, they are welcome to use the restroom,after a brief instruction on use. . We travel with like minded Rvers or family who have their own rigs , not a bunch of freeloading tailgaters. If you set yourself up as the “party coach” at the game, reunion or other come all event, you open yourself up to poor behavior. JMO
Old 03-27-2022, 07:28 AM   #18

It is like owning a pickup.

No matter what color you pick, all your friends see U-Haul colors and a banner on the side.
Psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:29 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Most people don't want to stay with me... I snore something awful, the delicate sleepers can't handle it. Hahahaha

1999 Winnebago Adventurer 34V DP
lorim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:33 AM   #20

If I invite people out to the campground for the day, I assume they will use our bathroom, food, chairs, ect. But I do not let people just randomly take our RV, so that mitigates disrespectful issues.
Duster73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:47 AM   #21

Depends on the situation. If I am using the rig to tailgate at a football game and have 20 friends invited to join in the fun I have no problem allowing those friends to use the toilet. If I was stuck in a traffic jam for hours and a someone requested to use the restroom I would also oblige because it helps out someone much more than it inconveniences me.
On the other hand it isn’t available for community use by people who are just plain unprepared or too lazy to walk to the public facilities. Fortunately, that has never happened and with continued good fortune never will.
Bigceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 07:59 AM   #22

I don't have a problem with people wanting to use my TT. I am Persistent (see my user ID) and annoying (see some of my posts). Problem solved.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 08:00 AM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
To quote Nancy Reagan, “Just say no.” Keith, you must be a very nice person, but you are getting taken advantage of. The only person who can stop the behavior is you. “Hey, Keith, can we take your motorhome to the game next week?” Keith: “No.” Person: “Why not?” Keith: “I have decided to just keep it for us.” Then gray rock (look up the definition if you aren’t familiar with the approach to dealing with invasive questions).
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 09:59 AM   #24

Thinking back through 45 years, not a lot if issues but the most common comment was if whatever we had at the time could be rented. Always "No".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
...Haven’t actually had any of the issues described by the OP.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:09 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
We have had a few friends ask me or the DW to borrow or rent our RV for a camping excursion or road trip. I just fluff it off, assuming they never would actually ask when the time comes for real. I really don't want to leave such an expensive "toy" in the hands of someone not familiar with it. Now I will probably just say rental is $300 a day, and you have to return it in as good or better shape. Also it has to come back with a FULL tank of gas. At $500 for the gas alone, I'm sure that will change a lot of minds. And when a long weekend ends up costing them close to two grand with the fuel they use, I'm guessing the requests will be recanted rather quickly.

I do let friends use the washroom while tailgating if the Porta-Potty lines are outrageous. But not strangers.
The Ward Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:12 AM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
We don't really have an issue with people expecting to use our motor home like it's a public facility. However, my knucklehead nephew asked if he could take my three-year-old Monaco Diplomat up to mountains on a ski trip with his six buddies. Yeah...I was going to let the clown, who has never driven a large RV, take a 32000 pound DP up into the snow with his drunken friends.

I referred him to my sister, his aunt. He asked her if he could use her four year old DP. He got the same response from her as he got from me.
I don't loan out my 30 year old MH, I know it's old....parts are harder to find though.
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2022, 10:25 AM   #27

The folks loaned out their pop-up back in the earlier seventies to a family that had their home flooded out when the Neshaminy creek left it's banks for the second time in twenty years.
Old 03-27-2022, 11:10 AM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We would never let anyone but our kids use our MH, but they would never misuse it for partying, etc.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote