Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2022, 03:51 PM   #43

We camp a lot with my Brother and Sister inlaw. They have a Aliner with no facilities. They will rarely use our facilities even when offered. Occasionally but usually use the campground facilities.
allenb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2022, 05:09 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Dog View Post
How about the traffic backup where people want to use the bathroom? I point them to the woods. You let one in you'll have 50 standing there before you can blink.
You never know how you'll react until a crisis hits.

A couple years ago we were stuck on the Atchafalaya Bridge for 6 hours.

Seems four 18 wheelers got tangled up, two caught fire, one went over the side into the water and another was hanging over the railing.
I think one of the drivers died.

After we were there about an hour the wife asked what we were going to do if someone asked to use the bathroom.
I told her: Women ok, with instructions on how to operate, water conservation & what could and could not go down the drain.
The guys are on there own.

As it turns out, no one ever asked.
Old 03-30-2022, 05:56 AM   #45

Been in a traffic stopped for a wreck on interstate and had no problem saying "NO." Actually found out ours will feed IIRC 15 people in a 30 foot MH. We have our own private campground on a river right near home. Having a party at the river for good friends when a storm with wind and hard rain. Wind was strong enough to put the awing in so no outside seating. I had to finish cooking the burgers with my buddy standing outside in the rain holding an umbrella over the grill. Looking back it was a real fun time but they all went home later before bedtime. Jim.
04fxsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:46 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post

A couple years ago we were stuck on the Atchafalaya Bridge for 6 hours.

And this is why I hate I-10. You should post that on the other thread of the guy trying to get from Dallas to New Orleans.
Old 03-31-2022, 06:55 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
We don't live in ours but I've never run into any of that stuff. I don't think it's occurred to anyone to ask to borrow/rent our coach. Wouldn't happen.
But. There was situation last year where folks were trapped on the interstate for I think eight hours, no way to get their cars off. I asked my wife what she would do if we were out there with our RV. She said as soon as traffic started moving we would have to dump our full black tank, refill the water tank, and go by the grocery store to restock everything we had given away. I didn't disagree.

You folks saying you allow in only four people for dinner lack ambition. We were set to dine outside when a pop up storm came in at the same time the food was ready. I was quite pleased that my camper was the one everyone chose to pile into. We aren't even at capacity as you can see the front seats haven't even been turned around yet. We're not really the "Hey you kids, get off my lawn!" types.
Wow! I counted 11 people in there eating. Now that’s what I call real hospitality!
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:04 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Fred View Post
Wow! I counted 11 people in there eating. Now that’s what I call real hospitality!
And one person taking the photo.

I always love the shows that suggest some explorer is the first person to enter some remote, dangerous environment, and they show video of the explorer - the dang camera person already beat them to the danger zone. Especially true on some of the scuba diving videos.
Old 03-31-2022, 12:37 PM   #49
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Someone mentioned people wanting to borrow your truck. The below was my really first new truck that I had all set up to haul my Lance Camper. NOBODY drove my truck, I even hated to let my wife drive it. It was my baby.

I worked nights and while sleeping during the day, a neighbor (who was really cheap) came by and asked to borrow my truck to pick up pallets of sod. If I had been awake, I may have driven him there, but never would have let him take the truck. My wife felt pressured and gave him the keys. Luckily, it came back undamaged, but he didn't replace the fuel he used. I had locking gas caps so he couldn't access the tanks, yet he never offered cash.

The loaning of my truck almost ended in divorce.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01660048.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	483.6 KB
ID:	360881
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 12:48 PM   #50

I personally haven't had this happen.
Maybe I project a 'get off my lawn' type of aura that dissuades people from asking.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:52 PM   #51

I’ve only used my RV for tailgating once at a Miami/jets game, the year before Covid. Would like to do it once a year. I had one of the guys in the family that came with me help me clean the rig when we were done. I like to set expectations when I do any shared event, meaning if we’re in it together we share all the responsibilities. I’m up front about it, makes things go smooth and avoids issues. If there were, I would not do it again with whomever didn’t pull their weight!

And I always go by weight, I wouldn’t allow everyone to ride if I’m over weight!
Johnynorthla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:27 PM   #52

Maybe your traveling with the wrong crowd. Don’t usually have that problem. Sleeps 2 people 1 dog 1 cat. The cat does not accommodate visitors. He tolerates the dog.
Bigtoado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:29 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoado View Post
Maybe your traveling with the wrong crowd. Don’t usually have that problem. Sleeps 2 people 1 dog 1 cat. The cat does not accommodate visitors. He tolerates the dog.
No cats, my dogs would invite the whole neighborhood over for dinner. More people, more food dropped on floor for them to eat, along with more petting and attention.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:32 PM   #54

From October to April, my coach is my home. Only a select few are invited inside.

I have had my racing buddies wanting me to host them at different tracks. The answer was a definitive hell no.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:47 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith55 View Post
Even if it is your home away from home, your RV is still your home.

It's not people's personal restroom at a tailgate. Place to crash while at your home. It's not a party vehicle.

It's not a place to go on a biking trip and get it all mucked up.

Seems like everyone thinks you should provide the RV as the party vehicle and they should come and use it for their fun time.

Of course, I am left with the mess, maintenance, insurance, fuel, storage etc.

Anyone else run into this issue with people?
For me..... the MH is all of those things and more. We've even used it at a local park for my in-laws birthday party. I think we had 14 people inside talking way past dark. Priceless.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:55 PM   #56

Just say no!
GreenOH is offline   Reply With Quote