Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2022, 04:09 PM   #57

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We live on a lake. We use ours as an overflow guest house for invited guests, full hookup. Have never been asked to borrow (5th wheel), it would certainly depend on the person asking. Would be more reluctant to loan our boat. I have seen the lake facebook group posts of people wanting to rent boats. That will definitely not happen.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2022, 04:12 PM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
I have had several people ask to borrow our DP, I just shake my head and say, nope not gonna do that.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:31 PM   #59

I’ve actually had other campers not respect my space and RV. They have invited themselves over and then invited strangers who they then took inside without even asking! I confronted them on it and they felt it was absolutely their right. We no longer speak to one another.
Pqsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 04:57 PM   #60

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
Yes.... mine can sleep 8 -10. The way I count that's Me. MY wife and the dog. That's 8-10 people, the way I count.
I hold the door keys, Noone else gets in.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:02 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
For LSU football weekends with three kids, their spouses and seven grandkids, our motorhome does serve as the "ladies" bathroom as the porta-potties get nasty especially on a hot Saturday afternoon in September. The guys use the porta-potties. Tailgating for everyone is outside under the awning.

After the game the motorhome only has room for the wife and me. Kids and grandkids head home or to a hotel room.
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:20 PM   #62
tcg

We have large get together a couple times a year at a state park. I usually get two sites next to each other for tents if anyone wants to stay the night.

Never has any of our family or freinds even asked to use our bathroom.

If our daughter and husband spend the night in a tent they are allowed to use the the bathroom in the middle of the night, otherwise, during the day, they use the park facilities.

One time everyone got in late for the next day's event and it was really cold, I invited everyone inside. Eight people in a 28' Class C but everyone took their shoes off before entering, I never even asked. When we were done they cleaned up and went off to their tents.

Maybe I have more considerate freinds and family.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:36 PM   #63

We camped with a couple who would bring along their son and daughter in law. They brought nothing to contribute to food, brought their dogs, slept in till after 10am, so the parents had to tend to getting the dogs out first thing in the morning (along with their own dogs) hold up breakfast unless we were doing breakfast with the parents. Then they were on their own. Not considerate at all.
Old 03-31-2022, 05:42 PM   #64

You just need to put your foot down and say NO! Don't worry about hurt feelings. You won't be bothered again after that and they will respect you for it.
dcrbmwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 06:39 PM   #65

Excel Owners Club
When boondocking with friends, those with tents we let the ladies use our restroom. Men use the woods.

Parked at our home, any friends who visit are welcome to use the 5th wheel as an overnight guest room.

But then again, we don't have a$70,000 rig, just a very nice $12,000 rig.
wkayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:28 PM   #66

Not qualified to drive it.

Told our kids there not qualified to drive our HDT, so there is no way I would let them pull our 45' Toy hauler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210523_151349017.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	360923  
rescudiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:57 PM   #67

We use our Class C as a guesthouse during the holidays. It's usually my son and his partner. They popped in for a weekend last December to buy our older Jeep and stayed in the house. Son commented that next time they would like to stay in the RV. They're more than welcome there as long as their cigarettes stay on the back porch.
Sharon455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:06 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
We were asked to drive folks around in the coach, and several wanted to use it as their free hotel room.
My answer: Fuel is $5.40/gallon, and this is my home, not your Uber

Be safe

Dr. Mike
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:40 PM   #69

Last year (without consulting me) my DW offered up our MH to be driven and parked at an rv park 3 hours away as a place for her and her 2 sisters from out of state to stay while they spent several days taking care of some things at their aging mother’s house.
The sisters bitched about everything and then paid half of the rv spot and nothing else.

This year they wanted to do it again, but for a full week, so I listed what all the costs and time on my end were and reminded them how things went last year. They really had no clue.
Anyway we did the same thing again and everything went smoothly, they had much more respect, helped keep everything neat and clean, got along well, and paid for everything except my fuel.

Most people really have no clue what costs and time is involved, not to mention what it would cost to replace it, and most have much more respect for your property when the realization sinks in.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:53 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassalley52 View Post
We live on a lake. We use ours as an overflow guest house for invited guests, full hookup. Have never been asked to borrow (5th wheel), it would certainly depend on the person asking. Would be more reluctant to loan our boat. I have seen the lake facebook group posts of people wanting to rent boats. That will definitely not happen.
The rules about my houseboat - where we live when we are not in our RV - and ski boat are absolute. You touch the controls without my permission at your peril.

I do not suffer fools nor the ignorant lightly.

I worked hard for my assets - do not presume they are yours to use.
bentjm is offline   Reply With Quote