Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2018, 03:08 AM   #239

As a guy who lives 14 of every 21 days in a RV park, I’m sorry us less mobile types offend your delicate sensibilities.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #240

Gulf Streamers Club
Some valid points. I would surmise that part of the dissatisfaction is with the rating system that a lot of travellers use, ratings from various rv magazines Parks are given rave reviews and when arriving the place looks like something from "out our way" An honest rating with concerns and pics would help the dissatisfaction. Again, my thought, If allowed, by the owners, and condoned by managers the least amount of effort will be put forth by those that have little concern about how things look or how they are perceived. Some people don't care, those same people are the ones that won't pick up after their pets. And I've seen people in $1,000,000,00 coaches be guilty of this. For some it's below them to do menial tasks. And for others it's been their up bringing or their choice as to not care. Both cases are not acceptable in a civilized setting. We could debate the different class of people for ever. There will always be the ones that care and are prideful and those that just don't care. There's a reason for programs to help those less fortunate, those that are actually in need and those that it's easier for them to let others clean up, feed, and care for them. It's about up bringing and being pride full at what ever level you fall in. Merry Christmas sir.
porchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #241

Part of the rating system is the idea that anything less than 5 stars out of a 5 star system is considered a failure. The result is pressure to give 5 stars unless there is a real problem.
There is also the clutter vs trash issue. Kid's toys and stacked lawn chairs are clutter. The pit bull staked out and not cleaned up after is trash to many/most of us.

That leads me to think that the house beautiful folks really need their own web site or whatever to just rate what they think meets their desires.

Note: I have tried to make this as straight forward as I could. I avoided innuendo as much as possible but I had to figure out a way to separate what I see as an Apples and Oranges issue. The complaints actually work both ways if somebody starts a cleanup campaign.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchracer View Post
Some valid points. I would surmise that part of the dissatisfaction is with the rating system that a lot of travellers use, ratings from various rv magazines Parks are given rave reviews and when arriving the place looks like something from "out our way" An honest rating with concerns and pics would help the dissatisfaction. Again, my thought, If allowed, by the owners, and condoned by managers the least amount of effort will be put forth by those that have little concern about how things look or how they are perceived. Some people don't care, those same people are the ones that won't pick up after their pets. And I've seen people in $1,000,000,00 coaches be guilty of this. For some it's below them to do menial tasks. And for others it's been their up bringing or their choice as to not care. Both cases are not acceptable in a civilized setting. We could debate the different class of people for ever. There will always be the ones that care and are prideful and those that just don't care. There's a reason for programs to help those less fortunate, those that are actually in need and those that it's easier for them to let others clean up, feed, and care for them. It's about up bringing and being pride full at what ever level you fall in. Merry Christmas sir.

There’s some truth here , but also what some think would be a 4 star rating others wouldn’t give 1 star .
Last summer we workamped at a KOA in Colorado Springs. We heard comments from guests about the campground from one end of the spectrum to the other.
Some people said it’s the nicest KOA they’ve ever seen, or, this is by far the nicest campground in the entire area , the bathrooms are awesome , lots of things to do etc .
Others, in the same park would complain . The sites aren’t level, they should have told me about o bring bug spray when I made the reservation, the sites aren’t even paved , the dog park sucks , they don’t have a dog park ,it’s to noisy , the bathrooms need to be remodeled, they don’t even do trash pick up etc etc
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 10:37 AM   #243

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Get out and look around the average suburban neighborhood where folks can't or won't pay for a lawn service. There are always a few house beautiful types but most will be minimum maintenance.
In our area every neighborhood around us has an Owner's Assoc. And we have deed restricted rules. There is no option to have unmowed lawns, or unlandscaped homes. No Boats, trailers, or even RVs kept on premises. And we have over 1000 homes in our neighborhood. I'd guess you would call us all "house beautiful" types - which by the way is a good thing, not a bad thing.

So, just like RV parks, it all depends on what you are used to and what you accept as "normal" for where you live.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:51 AM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
So, just like RV parks, it all depends on what you are used to and what you accept as "normal" for where you live.
Yes, and also how accepting you are of other people and places that may be different than you are used to. Otherwise, why travel?

But then again, I am probably not "normal".
Old 12-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #245

Quote:
In our area every neighborhood around us has an Owner's Assoc. And we have deed restricted rules. There is no option to have unmowed lawns, or unlandscaped homes. No Boats, trailers, or even RVs kept on premises. And we have over 1000 homes in our neighborhood. I'd guess you would call us all "house beautiful" types - which by the way is a good thing, not a bad thing.

HOA's are great until you get a board that has ego issues, power tripping, has some undisclosed agenda or, on the flipside, is lethargic or unresponsive to homeowner concerns.

Personally I'd never buy a property with an HOA, but other folks have different priorities and needs, so YMMV.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:54 AM   #246

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
so YMMV.
^This is the crux of the entire discussion here.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #247

Quote:
^This is the crux of the entire discussion here.

Yep, 246 posts worth!

I've said this before, but it's a human trait to feel most comfortable around other persons who are most like ourselves. The lesser the likeness, the greater the anxiety.

Have fun and safe travels always. Too much to see, do, and more nice folks to meet along the way!
Old 12-20-2018, 01:54 PM   #248

Foretravel Owners Club
That's the beauty of having a fully long term self contained RV...(as opposed to a "weekender model")

If we do not like the RV park/neighbors/weather/fishing or are just bored with the location...Just "turn the key" and go find new ones...even puckerbrush boonies camping for a week or two will satisfy ....
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #249

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Yes, and also how accepting you are of other people and places that may be different than you are used to. Otherwise, why travel?

But then again, I am probably not "normal".

That is why I appreciate honest, quality ratings. If the bathrooms are old but clean, modern and clean, not cleaned often, grounds well manicured, etc. Then I can make an informed choice. I am under no pressure when rating and I do often. I have no problem with seasonal and permanent resident. However, my particular preference is for campgrounds that are neat and clean, regardless of the type of clientele.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:27 AM   #250

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
YMMV”? Unfamiliar.

Ed
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #251

Your Mileage May Vary
Old 12-21-2018, 06:09 PM   #252

Quote: