Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2017, 02:10 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Phaeton owners 40 n 44's

Thinking of switching from gas 36LA to Phaeton w all options except mobile eye, no up charge on wood and sofas... when I added up all the options on an ordered coach @ $347095. And I have a 2015 open road 36 la loaded n garage kept..I owe 106k .I got a dealer to give me a trade n discount allowance of $201020.00..with6%fl tax his OTD price $259,839. I think after I figured it out he gave me 27.5% off ..I had originally asked for 30% off MSRP plus my coach paid off..

Thoughts? Dont know if this is a good deal or not....this dealer Ingram in AL...
Of course I would like to get it cheaper....any thoughts on price? Percent off for a Phaeton, and dealership? I live close to Lazy Days n had bought my 2 coaches there, but I found I had to fight hard for them to match other dealers...any input would be appreciated. What did you all get off %wise on a Phaeton?

Plus if their are any Phaeton 44 owners out there, any issues with the 44's reason I ask is the wife wants a fireplace...
Thank u
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
paz

We had a Tiffin motorhome a while back. As I remember, dealers don't normally give very high discounts on Tiffin products (less than 25% off MSRP). It's either because of the pricing structure from Tiffin or because Tiffin product tend to be in high demand, I don't know which. If you got 27.5% off, you did pretty well IMO.

Regarding Lazy days, when we bought our current 5th wheel, we really wanted to buy it at Lazy Days because they are much closer to where we stayed in FL for the winter. After shopping around we got a price that was $8k lower on the exact same floorplan equipped the exact same way at North Trail RV in Ft. Myers. When we went back to Lazy Days, the best they would do was knock $1,500 off their previous price. Needless to say, we ordered from North Trail even though it was farther away. Have you tried them? They sell Tiffin.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:48 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetseal40 View Post
Thinking of switching from gas 36LA to Phaeton w all options except mobile eye, no up charge on wood and sofas... when I added up all the options on an ordered coach @ $347095. And I have a 2015 open road 36 la loaded n garage kept..I owe 106k .I got a dealer to give me a trade n discount allowance of $201020.00..with6%fl tax his OTD price $259,839. I think after I figured it out he gave me 27.5% off ..I had originally asked for 30% off MSRP plus my coach paid off..

Thoughts? Dont know if this is a good deal or not....this dealer Ingram in AL...

Of course I would like to get it cheaper....any thoughts on price? Percent off for a Phaeton, and dealership? I live close to Lazy Days n had bought my 2 coaches there, but I found I had to fight hard for them to match other dealers...any input would be appreciated. What did you all get off %wise on a Phaeton?

Plus if their are any Phaeton 44 owners out there, any issues with the 44's reason I ask is the wife wants a fireplace...

Thank u

Can't comment on discounts since I bought my Phaeton gently used. My reason for responding is the comment regarding fireplace. As an option you can get an entertainment center with fireplace in the 40 QBH. We think this is a perfect floorplan!
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote