Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2015, 11:58 AM   #1

Phoenix 55+ parks not there on weekends?

We were trying to book a night this weekend in Phoenix and called three 55+ resorts and none of them were staffed on the weekend. None returned our call asking about a one-night stay.

Hundreds of spaces at these parks. Is it so seasonal that they just ignore regular RV travelers passing through?
Minnesota51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2015, 12:14 PM   #2

Have you tried this one; Phoenix, Arizona Desert's Edge RV Park Overnight Extended Stay

They are about 2 miles from my house and appear to have it together. But I recommend checking www.RvParkReviews just to be sure.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:37 PM   #3

So strange that they weren't staffed but this time of year you don't need reservations. Snowbirds are just starting to arrive so plenty of sites open.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
So strange that they weren't staffed but this time of year you don't need reservations. Snowbirds are just starting to arrive so plenty of sites open.
That's my thought. We are in Prescott, where I used to be a city firefighter in my younger days.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota51 View Post
We were trying to book a night this weekend in Phoenix and called three 55+ resorts and none of them were staffed on the weekend. None returned our call asking about a one-night stay.
Hundreds of spaces at these parks. Is it so seasonal that they just ignore regular RV travelers passing through?
Minnesota51
I have never made a reservation in 14 years, (116 k miles), of RV travel.
This has always worked for me:
1.) I drive to my chosen location.
2.) Pick a RV park, (there are dozens in and around Phoenix).
3.) If no sites are available, (or if I can't self-register when the office isn't staffed), I simply drive to another park.

Mel from Wisconsin
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Minnesota51
I have never made a reservation in 14 years, (116 k miles), of RV travel.
This has always worked for me:
1.) I drive to my chosen location.
2.) Pick a RV park, (there are dozens in and around Phoenix).
3.) If no sites are available, (or if I can't self-register when the office isn't staffed), I simply drive to another park.

Mel from Wisconsin
'96 Safari
Mel, you will be out of luck trying that along the California coast these days on Friday or Saturday night unless it is the off season. And every single Wal-mart on the coast bans overnight camping.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #7

By the way, of course we found a place in Phoenix that night. But it was kind of a dump. I was just surprised that the nicer places that we wanted to stay at, had no staff and did not return calls, even though they must have had hundreds of spaces open.

My guess is they are basically winter resorts and don't really need the money in the off season for one or two night stay people. So they just don't staff the weekends.