Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #57

Making light of the situation, this picture is funny. I don't own a pet, and think people who cant clean up after theirs shouldn't own one either.
If Your Dog Poops Pick It Up... | iFunny.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #58

When I took my late golden lab for a walk, I not only carried bags, but also newspaper or flyers. When she would "assume the position," I would place the paper on the ground in the target area. That way, everything would ultimately get placed in the bag, with no residue left in the grass or walkway. This especially worked well when the consistency of the deposit was not of the type that could be picked up easily.

With the black lab I had before her, I would just hold the bag under her when she was ready, and she would make her deposit right into it. That did turn a few heads from time to time.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:55 PM   #59

I know it’s gross, if I see it that they are walking away, I always say “Hi, need a bag?” I don’t let then get way it

Zzotte
Old 06-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #60

I am such a good citizen I have returned the poop to the owners car at least once or twice while at the beach. Maybe a little on the windshield and a bit on the door handle at no charge
Old 06-09-2019, 06:17 PM   #61

Nor'easters Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I agree it is not being a responsible pet owner and give the rest of us a bad name. The piles of poop can also lead to disease and parasites!
Walmart has small bags at the checkout line. We like using them because they are small and easy to carry as well as free(?).
Gopher111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #62

We had to change campsites at Knoebels last year, directly across from the site we occupied for 5 days. We could see that the site was occupied by the owners of three small dogs that were kept in crates on the site. After they left, we pulled into the site, we cleaned up 13 piles of poop before we called the office who came up and cleaned up several more plies. The site smelled of urine so strong, I could not let my grandchildren play outside or put my mat out. They sprayed some water on the site but it did nothing.
It’s a shame but not all pet owners are responsible.
We were at Madi Gras this year where we payed extra at the KOA to get a nice furnished patio. We stayed an extra day after Madi Gras to relax before our drive home. The trailer next to us had 2 small dogs that barked constantly whenever anyone walked by or we came out our front door. It went on so long we had to go back inside and keep our door closed. The owners were gone all day.
We love dogs and carry treats for our neighboring fur babies. I wish that everyone had a great time but we’re still courteous of their neighbors.
Nancy312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Dog poop issue

We are not dog owners. We have no issues with dogs.

BUT, I am tired of reading about this issue.

If you own a dog, pick up their [Mod Edit]. Nuf said.

Let's not not clutter this forum with this nonsense.
stv_szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Put a bag holder on your leash they you can't use the excuse of forgetting a bag. That's NO excuse!

The holders on the leash are great to use. Even so, I have had a time or two when it was the last bag on the roll and the pup decided to go twice! We religiously clean up "the leavings" and so I always go back to get it if the bag roll ran out. I also keep the dogs out of others' campsites if at all possible so they don't do their thing in someone's site.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:03 PM   #65

I always keep 2 bags tied loosely to the hand loop of the leash - never have to worry about an unexpected poop on a walk and I have an extra to share if necessary. I replenish the bag(s) at the end of the walk.
tmking86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #66

You gotta wonder about some of those very large breed dogs. It must be nice picking up a loaf, "hot out of the oven".
Old 06-09-2019, 07:39 PM   #67

Poop on your site!

Why do you need to walk the dog to someone else's site? Yes you may pick up, but not all of it goes with you everytime!' The residue attracts other dogs. Also stepping in residue, gets into nooks and crannies on our shoes. Then the next time you walk Fiddo, he comes back to the same spot. Why do I need to deal with your poop. If I wanted to deal with dog poop I'd have my own dog! I love dogs, but I don't need to pick up after your dog. Take it to the doggy walk, or at least away from where it may be a problem for someone else.
Jpgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv_szy View Post

Party Pooper

Zzotte
Old 06-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #69
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv_szy View Post

I don’t have an RV 770
I am not upgrading to a 45 footer
I don’t need a GPS with height limit rerouting
I don’t know anyone named Duke
And I’m not interested in a 2017 FWD Honda Ridgeline.

But hey, even though I’m not interested in these topics I’m definitely not going to say they are clutter. I just don’t read them, along with a bunch of other “threads.”

But then, I know how to navigate this forum and only view the threads I am interested in. I don't think it is a big deal at all. Just my humble opinion.

I am interested in how to control dog owners so they will pick up after their "pets."
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #70

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I had a neighbor who let their dog go in my yard. Simple fix, take shovel and send it back air mail.
Did the dog land on all four paws everytime you did that?