RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #1

Pleasureway Plateau XLMB

I am interested in purchasing a 2015 Pleasureway Plateau XLMB. Could anyone comment on reliability and issues that would be helpful to know about?

Are there any improvements that should be added to this model?

My hope is to travel 3-4 months per year, and dry camp 3-4 day stretches at a time.
Rusbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #2

We have one for four years and absolutely love it.
It has the internal layout that is perfect for us.
Small so very easy to drive and park.
We bought this model so we wouldn't need to tow a car.
Like driving a van not a motorhome.

On demand water heater sucks.
Made it better by engineering a hot water recirculation system.
Connected low point hot water drain to the fresh water tank drain with bypass valves.
Turn on water pump and water heater turns on and recirculates hot water through the hot water plumbing. Turn bypass valve puts system back to regular use.
Helps keeping water temperature regulated better and saves water by priming the system with hot water. Only do this if using the shower.

Comes with a 12VDC automotive type coach battery under the hood.
Not the best application for this type of battery. Needs a deep cycle battery.
A real deep cycle 12VDC battery is almost impossible to find. Almost all 12VDC deep cycle batteries are actually a starting battery hybrid. A true deep cycle battery is best for this application.
Installed a RB Components Dual 6-Volt battery tray and two 6VDC AGM golf cart batteries. Much improvement in dry camping capacity.
https://rbcomponents.com/products/sp...c18795f8&_ss=r

Love the Murphy bed. Able to store all bedding and pillows when folding away.
Only takes a minute to deploy for use.

That year XLMB has the big skylight that brings in a huge amount of light.

Microwave/convection oven is a little quirky and not very intuitive but it works well.

Air conditioner works very well even on the hottest days.

Bathroom/shower is outstanding. Huge for that size MH.

The plastic latches that keep the drawers and doors closed are a weak point but easy to replace. Think we had a bad batch and the replacements have been holding up much better. Just buy some spares.
https://www.amazon.com/Southco-Passi..._bap_d_rp_14_i

Pleasure Way build is outstanding and we have had no problems with the coach or the Sprinter in four years and 30,000 miles of travel.
The Sprinter is a pleasure to drive and charges up the hills.
Get 16.5 to 17 MPG driving 62 MPH.

If something happened to ours I would buy another in a heartbeat.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #3

Thank you for the detailed response. The MH is five years old and has had no replacement of parts. I am thinking that new tires and batteries will need to be replaced. What other significant parts could I count on replacing year 6-10 on the Pleasureway?

What about the suspension? Are there any after market add on recommended?

With your two agm batteries, how do you manage the dry camping? IE is a couple hours generator per day sufficient to keep things going? Do you have the single 95 watt solar panel?
Rusbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 12:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusbet View Post
Thank you for the detailed response. The MH is five years old and has had no replacement of parts. I am thinking that new tires and batteries will need to be replaced. What other significant parts could I count on replacing year 6-10 on the Pleasureway?

What about the suspension? Are there any after market add on recommended?

With your two agm batteries, how do you manage the dry camping? IE is a couple hours generator per day sufficient to keep things going? Do you have the single 95 watt solar panel?
I replaced the tires this fall due to fronts wearing like underinflation and also age. I increased tire pressure with the new tires and they seem to be wearing evenly now.

Many recommend Sumo Springs and larger anti sway bars.
I feel it is a truck and drives like a truck and I have no issue with the sway they complain of when pulling onto the road from a parking lot.

Being careful with electrical use, we can easily go three days without driving or running the generator. That is with fall camping where the furnace was not used too much. We always sleep without the furnace on.
Colder weather where the furnace is used more will shorten battery time plus with cold weather the batteries are not as efficient.
Our style of traveling is stay at a campsite for two or more days and drive to see the sights/dinner/shopping every day. Driving will charge up the battery.
Dry camp a few weeks a year and battery capacity lasts long enough to not requiring to run the generator that much. Have less than 100 hours on the generator and most of that is the monthly exercising and a few times I needed generator power for our house power failure and a few times when we needed AC.

The generator is very easy to do an oil change on an XLMB. Lots of ground clearance and easy to get to.

We have the single 95 watt solar panel. It is essentially useless except for keeping a fully charged battery topped off in storage. I only tested in the fall with less direct sun and it does not seem to add that much charge to the battery in full sun. Cloudy or shade would be even worse.

Our chassis/starting battery still seems to be strong but may consider replacement next year. Will do a battery test first.

Shocks and brakes seem to be fine. 30,000 miles but most of those miles are freeway so not much wear and tear on the brakes. The last report from service is that still have 70% brakes left.

Service consultant recommended trans drain and fill next year. Sooner than specification but they think years of use would warrant changing out the trans fluid.

Other than oil and fuel filter changes not much needs to be done until 60,000 miles where cooling, transmission, rear axle and belts need service. I will possibly do sooner because of years rather than miles.
Sprinter service is expensive but oil changes only needed every 10,000-15,000 miles and fuel filter every other oil change.

Nothing else needs to be changed or replaced at this time.
Sprinter runs perfectly.
Pleasure Way build is great but there are always hinges/latches/screws and such that need to be checked for tightness.

I did replace the chrome plated screws in the shower/electric/water fill and furnace covers/doors with stainless steel as some of the old ones were starting to rust.

The finish is automotive paint and I wax it once a year and it still looks like new. Stored outside without a cover.

Some modifications I have done were the hot water recirculation system I mentioned before and I also added an inside water heater switch.
We have the outside TV option and noticed that when the 12VDC switch is cycled, the radio will come on to standby thus using power. I installed a switch to shut power to the radio. Also have two inverters to power outside and inside TV. I always turn the inverters off when TV's are not in use to conserve power.

The whole package is very solid and I feel will last a very long time.