Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: How many have pets travelling with them
Have pets 371 79.61%
Dont have pets 73 15.67%
Sometimes have pets 8 1.72%
Would stay at a pet free campground 54 11.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 466. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Its hard to guess what someone might call a pet, so therefore, if you had a pet free area of a park, you would probably have to enforce no pets in general.
I know a full-timer who travels with a monkey.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingbiker View Post
WOW, did I step on a nerve? If so, I'm really gonna really try to get over hurting your feelings (in the late night glow of my computer monitor) LOL.

Thanks for making my day.

BUT, come on BIGMESS.... Ill try to get over your declining my friendship offer but I gotta tell you, it's not going to be easy......(in the late night glow of my computer monitor) LOL

Let me try just ONE MORE TIME......CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

We both like RV's

We both like dogs

Your lifestyle make you happy

My lifestyle makes me happy

PLEASE BE MY FRIEND????

I get it completely. We fulltimed with a 110lb Bernese for 3 years. In fact we bought a large RV because of him, and enjoyed every minute of it, hair and all.
We would have him back in a second if we could and never regret it.
After he passed, we decided no more dogs( at least for now).
The reason is the worry about him being left alone in the RV.
There are many places ( national parks for one) where you can’t take a dog. Also I personally think it’s inconsiderate to take a large dog shopping for 3-4 hours.
Imagine going hiking and worrying about , fire, theft, overheating, peeing, etc.
We did it for many years and never regretted it, but now, enjoy the freedom from worry.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #59

Looking at the poll results......75% travel with animals, 25% don't.

I have yet to see an advertisement for a used RV that did not include "No pets" "No Smokers". Something fishy here Lester.

2013 Ford CMax hybrid toad.
av8tor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:50 AM   #60

Here is a no pet campground I found while in the Indian Rocks area on vacation. Wouldn’t stay since we have pets but to each there own. http://indianrockstravelpark.com/
2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 4:10 gears
2010 Starcraft Homestead 5th wheel
2018 Polaris General
ike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike66 View Post
Here is a no pet campground I found while in the Indian Rocks area on vacation. Wouldn’t stay since we have pets but to each there own. Indian Rocks Travel Park - RV Park, Resort Campground
Well there you go, they already exist. They also don't allow motorcycles, scooters, tents or pop up trailers. I guess they allow golf carts. No dogs or motorcycle allowed. Those are probably the two noisiest things at most campgrounds, other than maybe loud exhaust from someone coming or going.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:10 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
If your neighbor had a 10 ft boa constrictor, you might not see or hear it, but you probably don't really want to camp next to it in case it gets out. Its hard to guess what someone might call a pet, so therefore, if you had a pet free area of a park, you would probably have to enforce no pets in general.

The constrictors will usually strike only at food items unless they're threatened or are shedding and can't see (they don't see well to start with, they're near-sighted and use smell and heat to find food). If you're not a food item they'll pretty much ignore you (kind of like cats) unless you're a source of needed heat for them and then they might put a squeeze on you...

A large bodied constrictor moves pretty slowly on land (unless striking) and a healthy, mobile adult human can walk faster than many of them can move. Smaller snakes move faster and in water, all of them are quicker than us.

Snakes got a bad biblical rap - most aren't venomous and pretty much want to be left alone. Just beware of snakes with apples (they ain't vegetarians!).
Old 10-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
I know a full-timer who travels with a monkey.
And who posts on the iRV2 forums!

Most of the monkeys I see while RVing are the small human kind... but if you cage those you get in trouble.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #64

Search the post nicknames, it's obvious who has the monkey.

We have a cat for a travel pet and she rules the roost for sure. The best think is she can be left alone for a week while we go on a cruise. She also likes to go outside but will bang on the door to get inside to use her litter box.
Attached Images

grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #65

We bought the RV to accommodate my 2 Great Danes. Dog free park means we don’t stay.
Dlanders9789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #66

No dogs or cats for us. We don’t have the emotional need to have an animal present as so many do. That being said it’s not the animal that I have a problem with, it’s the human. The human will leave the dog in the RV to bark its brains out until he or she returns. The human will allow the dog to crap anywhere it wants and If the human thinks it is unobserved it will skitter away without cleaning up the mess. The human will not keep the animal on a leash and can come up with a good many bizarre reasons for behavior. An animal free campground would be awesome. Many campgrounds, especially state and federal, have pet free areas. All for it.
mikena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #67

I'd say when we go camping at least 95% of the people have animals. We love our dog but have to leave her home because she barks at everything that moves. You're welcome.
jmzumer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #68

Coastal Campers
We bought an RV so we could vacation since bird sitters are scarce

We retired (mostly) in 2014 to a new area away from where we lived. We've got two small parrots who need attention a few times per day. Finding a bird sitter wasn't easy, but we found one eventually. Before we found a sitter, the only way we could go away was buy an RV so we could bring them with us.
We had stayed at a hotel or two with them, but the pet friendly hotels weren't as clean as the non-pet friendly hotels so we bought an RV. Would we have bought an RV if we didn't have pets, probably not.
Roadyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
. The 120 pound German shepherd stays home. .
Just curious. How come?
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #70

I could go RVing without my dogs, but I wouldn’t enjoy it as much. They are both 10lbs, and I have a dog backpack to take them bicycling or hiking, plus a motorcycle tank bag to plop them in when running around on the Moto. Pretty much the only time I leave them in the RV or in their portable fence pen is when I go grocery shopping. Sitting on the RV deck or couch and reading with a dog in my lap is why I go camping. The scenery changes but the relaxation is constant.
Kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rving