Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2018, 09:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
Since they assured you it’s not leaking through the ac, didn’t they have an idea where it’s leaking in from? If it only leaks when the ac is on it would have to be coming from the ac? Mine didn’t have visible drains it had 2 very small holes in a pan under the condenser. When I removed the cover and vacuumed everything out, I was able too see a little bit of water dripping out under the ac on to the roof. I put my finger under the ac and i could feel 2 very small drain holes. I went to the auto parts store and bought a small piece of vacuum line. I was able to get it under the ac and I blew through the hose, it cleared my drains. Have you ever parked your car with the ac on and notice water under your motor on the ground? That’s condensation draining from your ac. The same thing is happening with the ac on the rv. If it were me I would not be happy with a shop that did all the work you described and it still leaked.
They told me now that water is leaking where the roof material meets the coach metal. They told me the entire seam needs to be re caulked. This seam they tell me was caulked with silicone that has to be removed completely. That is the project that I am now working on. They told me to put eternabond tape all around the seam once the silicone has been removed. I am not happy with the shop. What are your thoughts on tape instead of dicor.

On the drain hole issue, I am embarrassed to say I dont know the parts of the ac. And I dont know where to look for the drain hole. I did take the cowling off the ac and there was nothing that need to be vacuumed. If anyone has a pic of where it can be found and what it looks like. I would appreciate the help.
rvethereyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2018, 09:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by awol50 View Post
Yes you have a drain hole. And it is plugged up. Get on top, pull the outer cover off and clean out the drain pan beneath the evaperator. Ok
If you can send a pic of where to find it I would appreciate it.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:09 AM   #17

no more leaks

leaks were not around the ac... but where the roof met the coach. Eternabond tape the roof, No more leaks
Old 10-12-2018, 08:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvethereyet View Post
leaks were not around the ac... but where the roof met the coach. Eternabond tape the roof, No more leaks
Glad you fixed your problem. You do relize that the title of your post was "Pooling around the AC"? That's why we answered the way we did.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #19

I do realize what the title reads. I thought that was the problem. Just wanted to thank everyone and bring a conclusion to the issue. Thats all